WII- Zumba fitness ????

Options
Has anyone tried this?? Any ideas approx how many calories are burned?? Thanks for your help

Replies

• Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly

I have Zumba Fitness forthe Wii and I think it's 218 calories for 30 mins.

I really like Zumba, it's fun and th music is really catchy!

Enjoy...
    Donna :)
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I am obsessed with Zumba 2 for the wii. I bought a HRM to track how many calories I burn, in about 50 minutes I burn about 900 calories
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba for wii. Try zumbacalories.com to figure out about how many calories you will burn
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just got zumba fitness 2 the other day for the wii, it reckons Im about 322 for 30 mins but thats without a HRM or anything so can't be sure how accurate that is. One thing, it definitely gets me sweaty and hot so it must be doing some good! And its fun so its all good :)
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    That will depend on your current weight and overall condition. Without a HRM it will be difficult to tell. The average is 500-800 burned an hour. I have Wii Zumba and love it. I also have a HRM and burn 562 an hour.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love the game - I have the first Zumba, would LOVE to get the other. I googled it and try to lowball what I get until I can get an HRM.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i do this and i log it as high impact areobics on the intermediate level for 45 mins. its a lot of fun.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba for wii. Try zumbacalories.com to figure out about how many calories you will burn

^^This. But I always use somewhere in between the low and mid numbers, even when I feel like I did more than that. Without a HRM, it's still just an estimate.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Buy a heart rate monitor. No two bodies are the same. I burn anywhere from 550 - 700 calories for an hour of zumba class, depending on how hard I push and the teacher's routines. You can't gauge off of other people, you have to buy a monitor and keep track for yourself.
  • AJohnson705
    Options
    I just recently started doing this, and I really enjoy it. Its a good workout, but its also alot of fun. I definitely learned that I have no rhythm though. lol
  • lisa_getz
    Options

very helpful.. thank you :happy:
  • LiquidSugarr
    LiquidSugarr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this?? Any ideas approx how many calories are burned?? Thanks for your help

The calories burned will be different for everyone based on their weight.
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have both games and I really do enjoy doing them when I can't make it to my weekly Zumba workouts at the gym. As others have stated, the only way to know how many calories you burn is if you get a decent HRM that also tracks calories (I use Polar, but there are other good brands out there too!). You can guesstimate how many you burn, but if you want to get a more exact calorie burn, it's best to get a HRM with a chest strap to figure out how much your own body burns.

Hope this helps! :)
  • hollyjo21
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I went to that website zumbacalories.com and gave me a great approx... I tried it for 20 minutes.. lol.. not sure I am so good at it!! I had a hard time following all the steps.. but I guess with time maybe I will get better!! But yes it is a great burn!!