I want to try spaghetti squash, recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Marinara is great for pasta.....

...Spaghetti squash is NOT pasta

For us, it is a perfectly acceptable replacement for pasta... and marinara works perfectly fine with it... I make ALOT of money on this where I cook....
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love it...top with sauce or brushetta and feta or Greek olives, basil feta. Anything!
  • ashley516
    ashley516 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Stuff it! Bake it whole and then take it out and cut it (MUCH easier to cut it after you bake it first) and then I stuffed mine with all sorts of veggies and ground beef (but you can skip the beef) and then cheese on top. Put it back in the oven just to melt the cheese. Yum.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I baked it once and then scooped it out into a bowl, mixed in butter, sauteed mushrooms, and some fresh herbs. I think I grated some fresh parmesan over it too... was the best way I've ever eaten it. Some ground beef, pork or turkey would go well with this.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    heres a dumb question....where do you get spagetti squash? ive never had it. Can you find it at the grocery store (stop n shop, shoprite) or is it at a store like Wholefoods?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    heres a dumb question....where do you get spagetti squash? ive never had it. Can you find it at the grocery store (stop n shop, shoprite) or is it at a store like Wholefoods?

Everyone sells spaghetti squash.... its a yellow skin-colored squash.

http://www.ask.com/pictures?o=0&l=dir&qsrc=272&q=spaghetti+squash