EAS Lean 15

Options
Has anyone tried EAS Lean 15? I saw the ad in one of my magazines and got the $3 coupon from the website but I haven't found it in any stores yet. I was wondering if anyone had tried it and how you liked it?

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Might as well respond to myself. I found it's only available at Target right now. I used the $3 off coupon I got from the site and knocked it down to $17. I tried it this morning with strawberries, banana and almond milk and I was full and satisfied until 4 hours later. At lunch I had the same but instead of the almond milk I used OJ and water and used 2 scoops instead of the 1 I used this morning. I use a magic bullet to blend it. I mixed one scoop in the blender bottle to see how it worked and wasn't too impressed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. It tastes okay. Not sicky sweet - oh, I got vanilla. Thinking of getting chocolate this weekend to try Chocolate, PB, Banana as a "snack".
  • joebiebrich
    joebiebrich Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the chocolate yet? I'm plan on buying some today, but will most likely stick to vanilla.
  • sarahbeth73
    Options
    bought the chocolate yesterday, doesnt taste amazing, but will do.I used water, definitely better with ice. I am really not sure how to use this though? May sound stupid, but is it a meal replacement? snack? muscle recovery? I thought meal replacement, but its only 100 calories...
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I just bought the chocolate, it's pretty tasty. I put it in a blender with some PB and almond milk. I don't use it as a meal replacement because it only has 15g of protein, so it fits into my diet as more of a snack. I prefer Optimum Nutrition whey protein if I'm looking for a meal replacement.. but this stuff is good! No nasty aftertaste, and the chocolate flavor doesn't taste super artificial.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Is it just repackaged Myoplex? Nutrition profile looks very similar.
  • sarahbeth73
    Options
    i dont think its replaced myoplex. I think thats meant more for recovery, but this is found with weight control? idk, but its a tasty 100 cal snack, so i'm giving it a try
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    After comparing the labels, the products are ridiculously similar.

Myoplex Lite has more of everything, but it's mostly because of serving size. Take equal serving sizes and the numbers come out almost identical on the macros.

Myoplex Lite does have far more vitamins and minerals than does the Lean 15.

After looking at the EAS site, I think they are CLEARLY using marketing ploys to try to position their products. Too bad.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    For people who care about the numbers, here are the ones that most people seem to pay attention to.

Assuming equal serving sizes (30g)...

...........................Myolplex Lite......................Lean 15
    Cals........................100....................................100
    Fat...........................1.1......................................1.5
    Sodium...................189....................................170
    Potassium.............400....................................180
    Carbs.....................13.........................................11
    fiber..........................2...........................................5
    sugar.......................0.5........................................2
    protein....................12........................................15
  • sarahbeth73
    Options
    wow jackson, the numbers are way closer than I realized. biggest difference seems to be the potassium.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Yea... unless you struggle to get enough protein, or need every single gram you can get, I think the myoplex is a better product. The potassium difference isn't that big considering the recommended amount is something like 3500mg daily (difference is what... < 10% of that?). But myoplex has a ton of vitamins and minerals that the lean 15 doesn't have. So in some ways, myoplex almost acts like a multi vitamin. Granted, it doesn't have 100% of most of those things, but some is usually better than none, especially if your diet isn't as balanced as it could/should be.

**disclaimer**
    I say that without paying much attention to the actual ingredients.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I did finally pick up the chocolate and it's good. I mix it with almond milk and a banana. I have both of them now. I always mix them with fruit and almond milk to make a thicker, more filling shake. I wasn't crazy about just mixing the powder with the milk or water.
  • babsie11
    babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    love the Vanilla drink it in the morning at 7 while driving to work.. eat oatmeal around 930... healthy lunch around 1230... snack 330 dinner at 630 head to the gym and drink one after i work out with a banana ...