low carb low sugar meal or snacks

Options
fireballaaa
fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
I am on a very low carb and low sugar diet and need help with some new ideas. Thanks

Replies

• JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni pizza hold the dough, hold the sauce
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    beef
  • andreacord
    Options
    Pepperoni pizza hold the dough, hold the sauce

HAHA. Sorry could not help but laugh at that one.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    How low carb and low sugar are you going and is it under a doctor's recommendation if it's VERY low? Just curious how many carbs and sugars you want to count per day. I'm at like 100 complex carbs and 25 sugars.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bell peppers and laughing cow...almonds....hummus and veggies....non fat plain greek yogurt with strawberry/vanilla/etc extract and some stevia.....
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Try sugar free snacks! they taste awesome! And oatmeal is awesome too!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    At my grocery store they have these mozzarella and prosciutto rollups. They are great just sliced and eaten as a snack. If i am having people over I shred some fresh basil and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar. They are usually by the fancy cheeses.
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I am on a very low carb and low sugar diet and need help with some new ideas. Thanks

I LOVE Vitalicious Muffin Tops, they have a velevety chocolate that is low carb and no sugar. I am only allowed up to 120 carbs a day, so I always make 1/4 cup egg beaters with a slice of non-fat american or cheddar. Also, I have a coffee or protein shake for my mid-morning snack!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    HOME roasted chicken or turkey.
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    I am on a similar plan. Slim Jims/pepperoni, sharp cheddar cheese, sugar free pudding with skim milk, sometimes whipped with Free or Lite Cool Whip, lots of chicken -- I wrap it with bacon, coat it with parmesan, add hot sauce and peppers for flavor, or sometimes add it to a bed of romaine with low-carb dressing. I also eat almonds (carefully counted) just because I want something crunchy sometimes. Best of luck and feel free to add!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Slim jimssssss
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    HOME roasted chicken or turkey.

I tried out this recipe, recently, came out great

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/quick-roasted-chicken-with-mustard-and-garlic
  • immeagain
    Options
    I eat low carb, my goal before this month was 40g/a day, my nutritionist just kicked it up to 60g/day. I am not sure what you are on or what is normal. I have special diet requirements. I have found many sites with good recipes, ideas etc...

I am on pinterest if you haven't joined, its a great addicting site. Here are the recipes I have saved, most are healthy, many are low carb, some are just too tempting to think about. http://pinterest.com/fierymyst/fun-eats/ and you can also do a search for low carb and come up with tons of ideas.

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/ is a low carb recipe site, I have not tried the recipes yet but it is on my list.

I find googling for these things overwhelming and since pictures are the main source for pinterest, it is a little easier to deal with searchs. Just my opinion!

Good luck
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Kale chips, never tried 'em. Maybe someone here will comment.
  • fireballaaa
    Options
    This is a DR diet / no starches aprox 30 gram sugar daily / carbs is about 50 been on this diet for 16 weeks and have another 6 weeks to go before they change my diet. but I have lost with their program 42 pounds. not bad and 31 inches:bigsmile:
  • fireballaaa
    Options
    thanks everyone I do appriecate all your help.:bigsmile:
  • sunnygal1
    Options
    Try Paleo recipes. I love this blog: http://everydaypaleo.com/ and I would highly recommend the Everyday Paleo cookbook as well. Lots of great recipes!!