30 day shred and diet

Options
I was wondering if when you do the 30 day shred what kind of foods are good for your diet? I'm not a veggie person. I just don't feel like I've lost any weight and I've been doing it for almost 2 weeks. Just getting a little discourage. And for the people that have done the 30 day shred did you do other exercises with it?

Replies

• ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Although doing a rigorous workout like the 30 Day Shred will definitely help you burn calories, the most important part of weight loss is the nutrition/food component. Do you track your foods on this site? If so, see if your totals are consistently near zero (meaning you ate as much as you were supposed to, but not more). If you are often in the red, you might not be creating enough of a deficit to see any weight loss. If you are way into the green (lots of calories left over), you might not being eating enough and your metabolism is slowing down so that you don't starve to death.

As far as specific foods go, allow me to quote my old pals Salt 'n' Pepa for this one: opinions are like a--holes and everybody's got one. Basically, you'll have people tell you to eat a lot of fat and protein but no carbs, or carbs before exercise but never after, or lots of milk, or no dairy at all, or only whole grains, or whatever. The good news is that there are just as many healthy ways to eat as there are ways to get fat! If you like chicken, try grilled or baked chicken breasts. If you like milk, drink 1% or skim. Avoid full-calorie sodas, fast food, and other junk food. Exercise portion control. Drink a lot of water every day, not just when you exercise.

My last piece of advice would be to start tracking your body measurements. Often, people see that they are losing inches even though their weight is the same. Don't stress too hard on the scale from day to day, but if you see no change at all over a few weeks, revisit your diet and exercise routine to see if something is amiss.

Good luck!
  • redlily17
    Options
    I dunno if I can help you at all with the food area. But when I'm doing the shred, I still do weight training and run on my elliptical or outside when its nice enough. Hope that helps at all! :)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Are you watching your calories? Although a healthy diet is important the main thing comes down to burning more calories than you are consuming. I do Ripped in 30 and tend to burn about 300 during the workout so you are probably around that with shred. I try to make sure my net calories with the exercise hover somewhere around 1200. Some days I'm a little under and some a little over. Good luck!
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im on day 7 lvl 1 of the 30ds but i also just started doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 3 days ago. so far i cant tell if ive lost any weight but i know my endurance seems to be getting better, im not as sore as i used to be (even though it could be that i might not be trying hard enough :frown: ), and i work up a GOOD sweat. measuring yourself works better than the scale because you might "gain" weight because of your muscles getting bigger. but remember, the best way to lose weight is diet AND exercise, so just stick with it. if you dont like veggies, see if you could puree them and hide them in something like a tomato sauce, so when (and if) you eat, lets say, spaghetti, you will be getting the nutrition from them at least. since im not into depriving myself of foods i like, what i do is drink 2 cups of water before any meals so i can get halfway full and i wont eat as much as i normally would. not only do i get to have whatever i want in moderation, but i dont feel hungry afterwards. many times when ive tried to do portion control i end up bingeing because i was still hungry afterwards so with this trick it really helps keep me on track :happy: