Does Beachbody Products really work???

Options

Replies

• YYNOTT
    YYNOTT Posts: 4
    Options
    I love the beachbody workouts! I did 2 and 2/3 rounds of P90X and 1 round of insanity last year. I started P90X2 this week. So far ive lost 85lbs and in February it will be a year since I started this lifestyle. Most workout programs or equipment will work IF you keep doing them. Where Beachbody is great is that they have a wide variety of programs for people to choose from. Im a huge Tony Norton fan! I dont get tired of the guy which keeps me coming back for more. I did not really like insanity but I gave it my all for the full 63 days. So far P90X2 has not dissapointed!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Your progress is awesome!! I'm just not financially or intellectually ready for shakeology!!

when i first started i wasnt on shakeology either, and then through great coaches i signed up for one, and i get it at discount price! its really great, my body is totally changed from being on it! =D
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Jam, I'm on Day 2 right now (really it's like Day 4 of the program but I didn't start on Monday so I skipped a few days). I'm tired and drained...not sure I like it more than a trip to the treadmill and walking for 2 hours while watching television. But we'll see. Maybe I'll get good results like you

awesome! keep pushing play! modify moves that you cant do,and you'll do great!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I did Insanity when I had a TV and thought it was a great workout when I didn't have a gym. Their products are a waste of money and certainly sub par though.

Completely true guru: Eating right and exercise works.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Your progress is awesome!! I'm just not financially or intellectually ready for shakeology!!

when i first started i wasnt on shakeology either, and then through great coaches i signed up for one, and i get it at discount price! its really great, my body is totally changed from being on it! =D

My coach avoids me. Another reason why I feel I may be quitting Turbo Jam and BB altogether
    Options

It is not because of the shakeology dear. It is from a calorie deficit and good exercise.

You have made some great progress in a shirt amount of time though. Congrats!
  • LittleD311
    Options

My coach avoids me. Another reason why I feel I may be quitting Turbo Jam and BB altogether

thats not good- you can switch your coaches you know!?!?!?
  • LittleD311
    Options

It is not because of the shakeology dear. It is from a calorie deficit and good exercise.

im not saying it is because of that...i exercise daily and eat healthy, thats it......
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

thats not good- you can switch your coaches you know!?!?!?

Yeah I probably could but what's the point? Not like she'll be in front of me at the gym egging me to push on or to give me any kind of diet advice that I haven't read or seen on the internet
    Options

im not saying it is because of that...i exercise daily and eat healthy, thats it......

I assumed that is what you meant be "my body is totally changed from being on it!"
  • jennamatthews1216
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, you look fabulous!! I just started with beachbody, I'm in my third week of Insanity, and I'm getting discouraged because I've only lost a pound. I'm not giving up though, I plan on doing P90X after the 60 days of insanity...How long did it take you before you started noticing results?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    For the most part, all of those things you see on tv or in ads are based around the fundamentals of losing weight. Somewhere within there's the * saying 'along with a proper diet' or a nutrition guide of some sort.

I'll give it to some of them, they give uneducated people routines and ideas, something to follow and more of a push. Not everyone researches stuff online, or finds out how to exercise on their own.

The shakeology stuff again like sunshine said, revolves around you burning less then you're intaking (assuming you do it right, and are losing weight). If you're drinking a 150-200 calorie smoothine as a snack, you're probably avoiding that bag of chips, or chocolate bar, or fast food snack, which could easily be double that...which could stall or even reverse your weight-loss efforts.

Shakes and stuff if use properly are a low-calorie sourse of nutrients, and gives you somethin to put in your body so you're not filling it full of (high-calorie) garbage IMO.

Once you start looking deeper, you realize the basics of all programs in regards to exercise, diet and why they actually work.

For some people who aren't curious to learn more, sure, they probably work. For others, it may be enough to get them wondering 'why' and 'how' ..so they dig deeper and actually start understanding their body better. Then learn better, healthier ways to do things, and maybe even shift their goals around a bit.
    Options

Yes eating right and excercise work- sans products- but a product that assists a person in getting the right nutrition and excercise is worth it to many. Some pay personal trainers to teach us how to do excercises- some buy dvds- some read books, -- knowledge is power- and while it is often free now a la the internet-- some want more than the info- some motivation help, a sense of a plan, a sense of beloning to a common goal or program-- I say- whatever works for you DO IT!

That is all.

Which is why I think the DVDs can be great. I personally do like Insanity quite a lot. I think that it is a great workout and I am dripping sweat after.
    I'm talking about the supplements.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Expensive? Yes
    Subpar? No

The trainers in the gym use the same exact ****. There are only so many moves you can do. These programs are not for professionals. You must be a professional my friend.

If you are just talking the supplements, then yes they are overpriced for what they are. I looked for an alternative and use aftermax.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    They're good programs. I did a round of P90x and got some good results.

They're good for getting you working if you don't know what you're doing. Sure, you can get better results with a whole bunch of research into training methods, nutrition and supplementation and a gym. Or with a skilled personal trainer. A lot of people just want something that they can follow which works - the programs that is, I have no opinion on their nutritional supplements.

Follow the program and be disciplined about it and you'll get results. But if you're disciplined and motivated enough to workout 6 or 7 days a week for 90 days, you're probably disciplined and motivated enough to make some serious progress in the gym or on the track.

Is a beachbody program the magic bullet which will solve all your fitness needs? Nope. That magic bullet is your dedication to exercising and eating properly, the P90x or Insanity or whatever is just your conduit to getting the results.

Jay
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Expensive? Yes
    Subpar? No

The trainers in the gym use the same exact ****. There are only so many moves you can do. These programs are not for professionals. You must be a professional my friend.

Trainers use the muscle confusion nonsense?

and their supplements are garbage
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Expensive? Yes
    Subpar? No

Trainers use the muscle confusion nonsense?

and their supplements are garbage

LA Fitness def does, thats their whole speech about getting you to use them for personal training. Yes, I know half or all of them probably don't really know anything.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I did a full round of Chalean 2 summers ago and have never seen such awesome results, and so quickly! Definitely loved it!
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody also! I have done slim in 6, Insanity, and I just started Turbo Fire. I don't take supplements or anything else from them, but even with me struggling with my diet I have had great results from my workouts. Great job on your weightloss so far! I spend the extra money to get Beachbody workouts because I know they know how to get results. Plus you can do them more than once. I have completed both of the above programs twice and I plan to do them again after I finish Turbo Fire. I think they are a great investment in my health and wellbeing :)
  • LittleD311
    Options
    For those of you that posted nice comments and shared your wonderful stories- thank you....I simply posted this to share my progress with using Beachbody fitness programs, gym, and other forms of working out, didn't mean to start people butting heads on here, wasn't my intentions at all......I just thought this was a friendly site for motivation.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!