Amazing, fresh lunch recipe

Options
PWanks
PWanks Posts: 22 Member
I just finished the most amazing lunch - I just had to post on here. I'm sorry I don't have a picture :( I just gobbled it up and didn't think to post until now. Also, feel free to post your own lunch recipes! I would love to see some of them.

Fresh salsa and chips:

1 whole wheat pita, cut up into triangles (I used a brand called Byblos Bakery - 140 cal)
Pam Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Chili powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 avocado
2 green onions, finely chopped
juice of half a lime
1 garlic clove, crushed (a garlic press works best for this)
hot sauce (optional)

To do:
1. Place the pita triangles on a baking sheet and give them a good spritz of the cooking spray. Then, sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes (make sure you keep an eye on them so they don't burn) just until they're crispy and chip-like.

2. Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and avocado into small pieces and mix with the onions, lime juice and garlic. Now, you can add some more of the spices from the chips. I added about a teaspoon of each (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder). I also added a bit of hot sauce at this point as well but you don't have to if you don't want to! Season with salt and pepper.

And there you have it! Delicious, fresh and easy and only about 300-350 calories (depending on the size of your avocado, etc.) I ate some of the salsa with the spoon as well because there was a lot of it!

Replies