Subway Good or Bad for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love their salads!
    I get a chicken breast salad with baby spinich, banana peppers, onions, tomatos, cucumbers, honey mustard, and a little sweet onion sauce.
    If I do get a sandwhich I usually get the chicken breast on honey oat. same veggies, same sauce.
    I find the salad just as filling without all the carbs, and a lot less sodium.
  • adamlwvdc36
    Options
    Really, to me, and for me, and possibly only for me, a 6 inch tuna on 9 grain with pepper jack, spinach, tomato, red wine vinegar, and light mayo with some yogurt or apples kicks the crap out of the 2 Big Macs, large fries, and large Coke I used to eat for lunch. Every single ingredient serves a purpose for me. ie 9 grain is better than white tuna is better than salty salami and stuff, spinach for iron, tomatoes because they ROCK, and light mayo so I dont completely lose my mind... Im still a guy!

Oh, and for the record, I dont mind high fructose corn syrup. just means I cant have that bowl of Cap'n Crunch at night! lol
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Sodium and chemicals, but tasty and filling for the number of calories. I'm not really a fast food phobe, so I think if you have subway every now and again, as long as you get the right thing, it's fine for you. My usual is the Italian BMT with all the vegetables and mustard (and I do go with pepperjack, but eh, I'm already eating out at that point), but I do occasionally enjoy the steak and cheese with southwest chipotle sauce (I just can't resist chipotles or anything with them in it! :ohwell: ).
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i use to work in subway during uni in my skinnier days and would hve a sub every shift, 6inch roast beef on wheat with cheese and veggies with sweet onion sauce and never put a pound on. roast beef on wheat with cheese is less than 350calories :)
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Okay on occasion, but for me personally, I can't eat it. I get bathroom issues every single time, and so does my husband. I don't know what they put in the subs, but ugh.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input, this really helps. :drinker:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Mostly anywhere you go out will be high in sodium. If you get the honey wheat bread, turkey, and a bunch of vegetables, that's really all it is. I think it's the bread and meat that the sodium is from. I think it's a great option if you are going to eat out.
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have it all the time but the other day I got it as a special treat and it was delicious and wasn't too bad. I got a turkey with American Cheese on Whole Wheat loaded with veggies and fat free sweet onion sauce.