Running Shoes Ideas...

Options
I am in desperate need of some new running shoes (I've had mine for years now). I am finally getting serious about running and the ones I have now are starting to give me blisters.... not fun.

I need to stay at or below $100.

Anyone have any good ideas on good running shoes for women?

TIA!

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am in desperate need of some new running shoes (I've had mine for years now). I am finally getting serious about running and the ones I have now are starting to give me blisters.... not fun.

I need to stay at or below $100.

Anyone have any good ideas on good running shoes for women?

TIA!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    asics gels! I love mine. I also bought some saucony, but didn't like them as much- less arch support.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My daughter runs in Brooks. Watch for sales - they get pricey but worth it
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mines are Adidas with bubbles on the bottom. Feels like you are on a cloud. Got mines for about $60.
  • megancolleen
    Options
    There is a shoe store by me called Road Runner and they have you run on a treadmill without shoes on. After you can tell them about how much you want to spend and they will find you a shoe for your feet

Maybe there is a store by you that has similar technology?
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Brooks are supposedly the best running shoes on the market.

I personally wear nikes but the shoe that I've been running in for the past year is no longer made (running on my last pair!:grumble: )

I've looked in to saucony but they're rather heavy, asics are good shoes for running but my toes are a little wide for that, I've heard that brooks are stiff - but I think i'm going to try those next.

good luck!
  • wkualum
    wkualum Posts: 5
    Options
    If you're serious about running, I'd suggest you go to a running store and have a professional evaluate you. They will watch you run and help determine what type of shoe you need -- stability, cushioning, etc. Is it important for you to get the shoe proper for your feet and running style. At the place I go to, they even allow me to run out in the parking lot to make sure the fit is good.

I am best fitted in New Balance stability shoes but that is for my feet and running style. You may be quite different.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Mines are Adidas with bubbles on the bottom. Feels like you are on a cloud. Got mines for about $60.

That is what I just bought! Wore them the first time yesterday. I agree they were like running in a cloud!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    I was wearing Adidas for a very long time and just recently switched to Asics and absolutely LOVE them! No more shin splints and icky feet after I am done working out...its fabulous! :tongue: :love:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    asics all the way!!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

That is what I just bought! Wore them the first time yesterday. I agree they were like running in a cloud!

I love mines :love:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you great feedback!

I might try and do some research on those type of stores that test out what shoe is good for you. I had no idea that even existed!

I used to cheer and we wore asics. Those are pretty comfy. I will do a little more research and check out all the shoes you guys mentioned.

Again, thanks so much! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: