Easy on the go meals

Options
I have doing really good staying within my calorie range (1200) but i am starting an externship an hour away. I will be working 8 hour there so by the time I am done driving it will be around a 10 hour day. I will be on my feet and constantly moving the whole time. I only have access to a fridge and can not leave for lunch. I am looking for any "brown bag" lunch ideas that are filling and will stick with my. Preferably something I can make up the night before and doesnt contain dairy ( lactose intolerant). I am also looking for healthy and filling on the go breakfast ideas. Any help would be very much appreciated!!:happy:

Replies

• boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have doing really good staying within my calorie range (1200) but i am starting an externship an hour away. I will be working 8 hour there so by the time I am done driving it will be around a 10 hour day. I will be on my feet and constantly moving the whole time. I only have access to a fridge and can not leave for lunch. I am looking for any "brown bag" lunch ideas that are filling and will stick with my. Preferably something I can make up the night before and doesnt contain dairy ( lactose intolerant). I am also looking for healthy and filling on the go breakfast ideas. Any help would be very much appreciated!!:happy:
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    How about tuna salad, chicken salad, salad with favorite veggies, sandwiches(you can create so many different kinds) stuffed pitas and fruit, I hope that helps a little. Do you have access to a microwave?
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Humus on pita with lightly steamed or raw veggies

Little containers with hummus or a vegan creamy salad dressing and lots of chopped veggies

A big salad tossed with chickpeas, beans and sliced chicken.

PB and J

If you live near a health food store you should be able to find dairy free dips and mock mayo etc.. so you can make different sammiches and dips.

Slices of chickenbreast with a little container of bbq sauce

Just wanted to add that I lived out of my car for years 10-12 hours a day and traveled all over. I invested in a small cooler so I could have more variety in my meals. back then I was an 80% raw vegan so I know that anyone with a little planning can eat healthy even when they are not at home.
  • czarina127
    czarina127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For lunch I like salsa and veggies in place of corn chips like carrots and celery. That keeps well in the car and isn't bad if it's not cold. Salsa is kind of a go to food for me, I put it in soup or on salad 10 cal for a tablespoon. I also love hummus it's has good fat and is filling. I am still working on quick breakfast. Some people who are lactose intolerant can still have yogurt, it's a great source of calcium (milk doesn't treat me right either and I haven't had a problem with yogurt yet).
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My suggestion for breakfast is make some breakfast burritos and put them in the freezer then heat them up in the morning before you go. There are so many combo's you can make
  • NatalieGoesHealthy
    NatalieGoesHealthy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For good on the go breakfasts, I love peanut butter toast and a banana for breakfast. I spread the pb on the toast and then fold in half so it's less messy on the go. My husband and I also make yummy quick egg sandwiches for breakfast. Use a small bowl (about the size of an english muffin at the bottom), crack your egg in the bowl and scramble. Then microwave for 1 min. Top with a slice of cheese and put on a toasted whole wheat english muffin. I don't butter the bread, and sometimes I'll add a slice of deli ham or a sprinkle of garlic powder. From start to finish it takes me less than 5 min. to prepare! I usually wrap mine in a paper towel and eat while I drive to work. I love breakfast burritos on my days off but they usually take more time and dishes to prepare... I love the freezeer suggestion!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Healthy "on the go" filling breakfast:

With a blender, blend up:

- 1 TBL natural or reduced fat peanut butter
    - Fruit (whatever your preference)
    - 1 Cup Skim Milk or 1/2 c non-fat plain yogurt
    - ice cubes (about 4-5)
    * I also add 1 scoop (1oz) of whey protein isolate powder, but only because I weight train so much.

hope this helps! it's SO dang good! You can also blend the night before and store in an air-tight on the go shaker.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I have a mini cooler so that will come in handy. No microwave so that limits the choices a little bit.