New, About to turn 30 with 40+ to lose

Options
mab33
mab33 Posts: 242 Member
Any advice or support you have would be amazing. The last time I had to lose weight I was in my early 20's and single. The 9 miles 5 days a week and couple hours at the gym every day was easy. Now I have a husband, demanding job, two dogs and lots of family obligations. Not sure how to find me time. Also, no friend support structure.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not 30 (wish I was), but have about 43 lbs to lose, it's harder when you're older (I'm now 53! argh!) . You can add me as a friend, let's kick these pounds!
  • debtopperscakes
    Options
    :smile: 42 and in the same boat as you
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I remember 30..sort of... The tools and the support here make the work more manageable. Add me if you like.
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. And lots of obligations, Im a stay at home mom of 2 little girls and my hubby works 50-70 hr work weeks,so I can't do the gym, I have to work out at home. Usually get up super early or do it once the kids go to bed. I do try to sometimes do it when they are awake they like to "work out" also, and it's pretty cute watching, but very distracting. I usually have an extra 1-2 kids a few days during the week, as Im the only person my friends/family know that's home, so I always become the emergency babysitter. I could totally lose 40 pounds, but right now, working on 20 and seeing where I go from there. I would like to get pregnant in the fall, so Ill see where I end up! I would love to be your friend and be on your support system. I can always use more support!
  • amywatkin
    Options
    I turn the big 3-0 in november this year and I'm determined to be thin at 30! I am a mum of 2 young boys and I work full time so have very little 'me' time for exercise etc. My husband works funny shifts so I don't have time to go the gym, I have loads of exercise equipment at home but am seriously lacking in the motivation department! Feel free to add me and we can help each other.
  • rainbowyeager
    rainbowyeager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im turning 30 in september. I am a sub looking for an art teaching job and work 7 days a week between the subbing and my second job at an childrens art studio. I work out 4-6 times a week from 30 minutes to an hour and consume about 1300 to 1500 calories, but i am still finding it hard to get back down to my goal weight. I feel clueless. I eat healthy and feel like a make the most of workouts, but I just naturally carry more weight in the thighs and legs. Help support? I want to feel comfortable in my own skin by thirty!!!!!!!!
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    I'm 30 and have 23 more pounds to lose...

13800327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sibernstein
    sibernstein Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 31 (eek, almost 32) with a goal to lose 20lbs!! I need all the support I can get....especially with a full-time job, an 11-month old baby and busy lifestyle!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been on this treadmill for a while too. Feel free to add me. I try to blog and add status updates everyday.
  • shellywheeler05
    Options
    I can sympathize! I have 3 kids, a husband, running 2 businesses and a household. Getting to the gym is almost impossible.
    I have fallen in love with jillian micheals 30 day shred video, it is only 20 mins, so I can do it in the am before I have to start my day, it equals 2 hours in the gym, and she is really tough but awesome. been using for 2 weeks and already lost 3 inches and 4 pounds. Add me as a friend if you would like, I could always use the support as well.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 also and trying to lose 35lbs. I gained weight after I got married a year and a half ago and now I'm ready to lose it!
  • CCRickert
    Options
    I'm a 28 year old Mommy, and just like you, I have lost weight in the past with little difficulty. When I could take off for the rec center whenever I felt like it, it was a breeze! But now family obligations take first priority, and it is hard for me to find time and motivation. I would love to be friends!