NOT EATING ENOUGH CALORIES!

My food today was honey nut cheerios with low fat milk, one and a half long chocolate covered pretzels, a small pack of cheez its, diet coke, a porkchop, zucchini, and rice. I feel pretty full, maybe one more snack today, but I'm a little over 1,000 calories. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I know...I know...processed food but I'm a hungry college kid!!

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    That sounds pretty good to me. If you're worried about being under calories, wait until your next snack is over with and I'll bet you'll be fine. Make it some fruit and/or peanut butter or something and you're golden. Good for you for finding good foods that keep you full and low cal!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    like you said processed food... might be a good idea to get less of that in your diet... but an easy way to get more calories is to have an ounce of nuts a day. They're healthy fats, super filling and will keep you happy for a few hours (on ounce is about 24 almonds, 48 unshelled pistachios). good luck!
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    Need some protein in there. Nuts are high in calories and good fats. Natural peanut butter is good. I make a meal replacement from protein powder and oats that can add some good calories.
  • I have a similar problem. I've been eating low calorie foods, but everyday, I still have about 400-600 calories left. Plus, I exercise every day, so that gives me even more calories. MFP says that I need to start eating more calories, and I've tried, but it's not working.