Frustrated.

Options
I get so frustrated sometimes. I am a mama of a little (almost) 4 month old girl. I love to run, I love to workout, but she is going through this if YOU pit me down I will scream phase. So I tried a sitter, she bugged out on me and never showed up!! I am working around her now. I do my workouts with her, tricep dips, squats, lunges, etc. I'll stick her in the ergo and jump of the elliptical, but it is getting so old. By the time my husband gets home from work It's so dark out I can't go for a run. Not to mention she isn't even 6 months yet so I can't run with her in a jogger.

Just a mini rant. I am just so frustrated right now. I have lost a ton in the last three months and I really need to step up my game if I want to get fit again. I just don't see the light. >.<

I guess I could find another sitter, it's just SO much work to find a good one for cheap. Especially for only a couple hours, everyone wants to jack up their prices.

Replies

• melrose09
    melrose09 Posts: 271
    Options
    Those days are not a distant memory for me. We couldn't even go to church at that age because my little boy would flip out on the nursery ladies. I would put him in a bounce seat and just do a little here or there. I usually only got 15 minutes at a time. And then at around 8 months, my son discovered that napping in his crib is so much better! He would take hour long naps and I could get a decent work out in during the first one and a shower during the second one. I joined a gym shortly after that and they have child care, which is great. Anyway, I think what you are doing is great! Maybe try some calisthenics when your hubs gets home instead of going for a run. You can get a great cardio work out that way and he can get some great daddy/daughter time. And in a few months it will be light out longer, so maybe then you'll get a good run in. The first year is so tough. Hang in there, mama!
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Those days are not a distant memory for me. We couldn't even go to church at that age because my little boy would flip out on the nursery ladies. I would put him in a bounce seat and just do a little here or there. I usually only got 15 minutes at a time. And then at around 8 months, my son discovered that napping in his crib is so much better! He would take hour long naps and I could get a decent work out in during the first one and a shower during the second one. I joined a gym shortly after that and they have child care, which is great. Anyway, I think what you are doing is great! Maybe try some calisthenics when your hubs gets home instead of going for a run. You can get a great cardio work out that way and he can get some great daddy/daughter time. And in a few months it will be light out longer, so maybe then you'll get a good run in. The first year is so tough. Hang in there, mama!

Thanks i appreciate that. At church she sits with us! She is a very good baby... in my or my husbands lap. lol Just a few more months!!!