Just Dance

Options
Anyone incorporating Just Dance into thier daily workouts? I have a Wii and have been doing the "Just Sweat" to get my heartrate up before I do my morning Abs. Any fellow dancers out there? :happy:

Replies

• Katieladie40
    Options
    My mom and i do it. I use it as just fun dancing, is till count it in my workouts but i usually do my p90x and then dance. I really dance to get my mother working out. We have fun and laugh at each other looking like goofs. Just Dance is a great workout and it's fun!
  • tifjo
    tifjo Posts: 5
    Options
    My sister and I do Just Dance all the time for a work out! We have so much fun with it!
  • katsmit2
    Options
    My 9 year old daughter and I do it also. It may just be that I am out of shape, but doing 30 minutes of that gets my heartrate up for sure! I count it in my daily workout totals also. :ohwell:
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love just dance!!! I do it from time to time if I need to get in a quick sweat. I only have just dance 2! How is Just sweat?? I dance/teach ballroom normaly but I love doing hip hop too!!!
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old daughter and I do it also. It may just be that I am out of shape, but doing 30 minutes of that gets my heartrate up for sure! I count it in my daily workout totals also. :ohwell:

Yeah I use it as my morning workout, I work up a good sweat :D
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love just dance!!! I do it from time to time if I need to get in a quick sweat. I only have just dance 2! How is Just sweat?? I dance/teach ballroom normaly but I love doing hip hop too!!!

Yeah I love it too! Just Dance 2 is the one I have too, Just sweat is pretty good, you get to set a goal for the week and it logs your progress, the only thing I don't like is that you have to choose the songs one at a time, I wish you could pick them all ahead of time so that you don't have to stop...pick a song...start.

I love ALL dance :)
  • chap1love
    Options
    We got a Wii this last Christmas. My Daughter loves Dance Dance revolution and so we got it for our family. It inspired me to get off my butt. When I first started I couldnt go more then 15 minutes, but I am up to 45 minutes in workout mode and now I am following in by Zumba Fitness. I love knowing that I am getting a workout all while I am having a blast with my children!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Me! I do it when I don't feel like 'exercising'. It's such great fun and I work up a great sweat in just half an hour!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My daughter LOVES Just Dance. We have 2 and 3 for the WII. It's fun family time that keeps us moving!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! It's a great workout and so much fun :D
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes! We are a 'Wii' family! lol We all enjoy it so much, that our library has grown from JD2, to JD3, JD Summer, and ABBA experience. I still want to get the Black Eyed Peas one too! lol

It really is a great way to exercise....it's so fun! It's convenient too cause we're indoors from the snow n' cold, plus it's family time.

It's too bad we can't share video on here...we could show off our moves, challenge each other etc (for fun of course :wink: :happy: )

To quote Lmfao....."Everday I'm Shufflin"

Tracy

13680624.png
  • biff54928
    Options
    Love Just Dance 3! That gives me one of the best workouts than the other Just Dance ones :0) You can burn a lot of calories dancing!
  • lizabelle83
    Options
    i do it as well with my kids, it makes them feel included
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 3 as a workout. I've been doing it every morning since Jan 1st. for about an hour every morning and I lose about 1050-1300 calories just dancing. And in 3 weeks i've lost 10 lbs. So im pretty excited about that! My 8yr old son was the one who wonted it for Christmas and now I use it more than him! LOL....
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance 2 and 3 for my work outs every day. I absolutely love them. I did order Zumba 2 for the wii as well, can't wait to try that too!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Anyone incorporating Just Dance into thier daily workouts? I have a Wii and have been doing the "Just Sweat" to get my heartrate up before I do my morning Abs. Any fellow dancers out there? :happy:
    I enjoy dance a few times a week for an hour at a time.
    In my mind I look like Justine Timberlake - I'd hate to ever see a video of me dancing though.

The one things nobody can say is that I am not getting a great workout!

And for me that's enough.
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a life-long aversion to exercise. Life long. We got the kids Just Dance 3 for Christmas, and I have to say, it is the most fun I've ever had exercising. Just Dance 3 has a workout thingy, which you can set up for a week at a time, and choose between the equivalent of walking, running, or swimming for 30 minutes a day. SO. MUCH. FUN. I love it, and walk away dripping sweat and jelly legs, and can't wait to do it again. I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses it for exercise.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    We got a kinect a few weeks ago and JD3. It is so fun! Husband and I had a dance off last night. I totally won ;) but only bc our doberman kept trying to dance with him when it was his turn.
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Yeah I love it too! Just Dance 2 is the one I have too, Just sweat is pretty good, you get to set a goal for the week and it logs your progress, the only thing I don't like is that you have to choose the songs one at a time, I wish you could pick them all ahead of time so that you don't have to stop...pick a song...start.

I love ALL dance :)

I sometimes wish we didn't have to stop either, but then the break in between kinda makes it feel like an interval workout.
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have JD 3 on kinect and I use it as a workout and just a very fun way to workout, just like Zumba.