Does anyone ever panic?

Options
Does anyone ever feel almost in a panic to eat anything they can get their hands on? Is it just me? I have plenty of protein in my diet but I feel almost frantic to eat!

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm working on this in therapy, as I have been using food to distract myself from unpleasant emotions/thoughts for years. Awareness is the first step to getting better....
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting for 6 weeks now. 2 weeks using MFP. I hae dieted before and felt the urges you are talking about. But this time, with MFP, tracking calories, I actually feel satisfied.
  • myusername010101
    Options
    All of the time. I spent the last several hours in bed because I was in too much pain and had a huge headache from giving into those feelings! It is like a crack head going through withdrawls, except it is only food. :frown:
  • lizzylxix
    Options
    I went a little over because of my little benge at lunch time but I felt better and logged what I ate anyway. I am kinda glad I didn't make terrible choices but I did go a little over board today. Today I have been on this diet for a week and have lost 8 pound so I don't want to give up it is almost like an addiction to food! I used to use drugs (8 years clean) and it is a little like the beginning of withdraws! This scares the hell out of me! What am I doing wrong or not getting enough of to make me react like I was starving?
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have mini panic attacks when I get to the grocery store or in a fast food place.. I feel nervous that I am going to make the wrong choices.. Everytime it gets a little easier.. I seem to be doing okay on my food plan as long as I am home to keep it in check.. Logging my food on here has helped me bigtime.. I have been on this 12 days tomorrow & have not went over calorie or cheated once... I know it will get easier to leave the house once I get thru this first phase.. I am so grateful for MFP...
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That does happen to me sometimes. I know it's because I'm lacking some sort of nutrient, but I can't figure out what the trigger is :(
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    hah, i get this sometimes! usually when i'm ravenously hungry.
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had two days like this. I actually got up at 1:30am ate a sandwich and went back to bed!! Looking at my food diary I saw that I was under my calorie goal multiple times that week. I think it caught up with me. Make sure you're eating enough. If you read some of the older blogs that is a common problem. Good luck
  • TJSucceeds
    TJSucceeds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go through those times where I feel so hungry that I would eat anything. I had one of those days yesterday. Typically, to avoid this, I plan my menu a day in advance so that I know what I am going to consume and when. I even try to plan out my exercise. So far it is working for me; however, it is really one day at a time especially with it being so easy to fall back into my old habits of binging and then starving myself. Hang in there. You are not alone in your struggle or your feelings. I hear you and relate to you! Have a great day.
  • tooofluffy
    Options
    Yes!!!! Usually when I feel like I could eat everything in sight, I am stressed about somthing or nothing,,,just feeling stressed. I wonder sometimes if my body is not trying to tell me somthing.. like its dehydrated or it needs stretched or exercised. I just started eating better and Im fighting the need to feed. Thanks for asking this question as it has made me ask my self why.. PS hmm I think if that doesent work and I have to eat Ill make sure i get some protien for a small snack instead of attacking my bag of chips, which as we all know, you cant eat just one, lol
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What really helped me was breaking up the meals throughout the day. I try to split my meals into 6. So eating more often and eating whole foods keep me satisfied. I always keep a tub of little veggies to munch on if I feel like it.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes..
    Its normally when im not even that hungry aswell.. =/
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You betcha! I get it mostly in the evenings. It'e usually a sweet craving or for peanut butter. I'm sure there's some sort of physiologic explanation but I haven't bothered to seek it out. It used to be that, once that feeling hit, clear the decks because I was gonna eat! Now I just grab something with fiber in it (my go-to's are the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter brownies -- only 90 calories) and then I go DO SOMETHING ELSE! Read, play with the dogs, rearrange the bookcase, sort socks, whatever -- just as long as once I take care of the initial feeling I'm onto something else to concentrate on and I'm active!

Hang in there, keep pushing forward, and best of luck!