For those of you who don't like fruits and veggies, what do

Options
usafbeach
usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
I'd love to hear some recipe ideas from those of you who don't or didn't used to like fruits and veggies as I try to increase my consumption of these foods.

I'll share a great recipe I recently found... http://bevcooks.com/2011/10/southwestern-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/

Replies

• Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I have a consistency problem with fruits and veggies and can't stand them... I want to try having more (home made) smoothies for fruit and I like veggies if they are cooked soft ...

Christine
  • DoDar
    DoDar Posts: 4
    Options
    Check out the Jorge Cruize web site and go to youtube and pull him up.. Just awesome.. Especially for those of us not so fond of veggies.... He has several recipes on you tube. I also just googled jorge cruize chicken and found a few really nice recipes...
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I really don't (didn't) care for fruits and vegies, but have found that the more I eat them, and the less I eat other stuff I'm starting to like them more. When I started eating them I had to put cheese sauce on my vegies, and started using less and less to try and cut calories, now I don't even want the cheese.
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I struggle with getting in my full servings of fruits and veggies throughout the day each day. I found that i generally have a couple of really good days where i meet almost the 8 servings then fall off for a while. Since October I've been using Greens dietary supplement that i get mailed to my house. Two little 1/4 teaspoon scoops a day is 8+ servings of fruits and veggies...SCORE! Let me know if you want more info on the ones I take, very reasonably priced.