ladies i have a question about the girls

Options
ok so i am doing c25k. i am in the middle of week 4. the first few weeks i did not have this problem. it is with the increased running this week that it came up. my bra is chafing the bottom of my breasts. the first day i didn't notice till i went to soak in the tub and boy did it suddenly sting. after today it is even worse. there is a red sore line that really hurts after today. how can i avoid this in the future?

Replies

• LadyFaile
    Options
    You might want to try patting a little baby powder in the area to help reduce friction. I find that helps with chaffing in other areas.
  • KippyBee
    KippyBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try BodyGlide....it's an anti-chafing product used by athletes and is available in sports stores.

http://www.bodyglide.com/
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Try BodyGlide....it's an anti-chafing product used by athletes and is available in sports stores.

http://www.bodyglide.com/

Yep, exactly what I was going to suggest. Works like a charm! I put it all over, anywhere that might chafe - even works on your feet to prevent blisters!
  • nikkidziggy9
    Options
    I have used anti fungal cream to clear it up
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    You might want to try patting a little baby powder in the area to help reduce friction. I find that helps with chaffing in other areas.
    Yup. This is gonna sound bad, but this is what we do in the nursing home for the more well endowed residents. Helps a lot with bra rub ( and chub rub, now that one is from personal experience).
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    And if you've already chafed, use diaper rash cream. It'd will clear it up fast
  • inzkeeper
    Options
    I dislike smelling of baby powder so I use straight corn starch applied with a blush brush. Doing that every morning prevents any chafing for me.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    To prevent further chafe you may want to try a new bra. Bra band chafing is often the result of a bra that is too big around and moving too much. Going down a band size and up a cup size may solve your problem.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    And if you've already chafed, use diaper rash cream. It'd will clear it up fast
    [/quote

Aloe vera gel works well on chafe, too!
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Baby powder works great. Use if all the time when I wear a sports bra. You can get it hypoallerginic or corn starch based also.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    To prevent further chafe you may want to try a new bra. Bra band chafing is often the result of a bra that is too big around and moving too much. Going down a band size and up a cup size may solve your problem.

For sure! You are working out pretty hard and you must have lost some inches around you back - great NSV!!
  • trouse11
    trouse11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    PURE CORNSTARCH FOR SURE!!!!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What type of bra are you wearing? Wireless sports/compression bra should hopefully not chafe.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions. after reading your advice i measured myself and it turns out that my bra is now too big!!!! i have lost 3 inches!!!! this is a great NSV so i am really happy with it. so new bra it is and will pay attention to my changes so it doesn't happen again. will also stock up on baby powder and the glide product too!