Saving calories?

Options
Is it okay to save calories from breakfast and lunch if you know you're going to be eating a big dinner?
Not skip them completely, but just eat less than usual?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I usually skip lunch and have a nice dinner and snacks. Seems to work for me.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like to save calories to an extent. I won't skip a meal but I'll be less and less strict with the calorie intake as the day goes on.

Despite the popular 6-meal-a-day stuff I still like having a big dinner.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think every so often, it is OK. Especially if you have a special occasion....Sometimes, I save my calories for wine on Saturday nights! I also might have higher calorie workout burn too......
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ... but try to add small doses of protein early in the day and don't make a habit of eating your biggest meal at night ... Go out and enjoy yourself ... tomorrow's another day and you can always add more exercise ! :happy:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Most people should eat the complete opposite of what they do.

The biggest meal of the day should be breakfast as you're facing a whole day of activity and your body needs fuel, followed by lunch and light dinner so your body can rest during the night.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Oh I definitely do. Not every day of course, usually I balance it out but when I know I'm going out to eat or in the mood for pasta or something a bit calorie heavy for dinner I def cut back....