A friend died today. RIP Sarah Burke!

Options
2»

Replies

• cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I am around your age and an old classmate died suddenly last month - that was hard enough to wrap my brain around, and we weren't friends, just acquaintances. I can't imagine losing someone so important to you in such a tragic way.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So sorry Dear. It sounds like you made her childhood and teenage years a blessing. God bless.
  • andreacord
    Options
    :heart: Sorry to hear this. Much love.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That was tragic news to read today. I'm sorry for your loss and Canada's loss too. We will definitely miss her!
  • sambo155
    Options
    I teared up watching it on the news tonight. I didn't know her and I don't know you but my heart hurts for you and her family. It's... just ... so... sad. I'm so sorry. {hug}
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also lost a friend from high school (while we were in college) during a skiing accident.

Sarah is leaving an amazing legacy for women skiers......
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Another Utahn here who heard about Sarah's passing through the ski community. We were all praying for her to pull through when her accident happened. So very, very sad, and my heart goes out to her family and friends.
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for this great loss. :-(
  • aleta1956
    Options
    Im Sorry for the Loss of your Friend... :-( Prayers to you and Sarah's family.
  • emibosse
    emibosse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was so deeply saddened to hear about this today. While I am by no means a freestyler I have been part of the canadian ski community through teaching and coaching for many year. It was definitely a big blow for all ski professionals to hear about her accident. She was such an inspiration and will be missed greatly.
  • apirotte
    Options
    I was so sorry to hear the news today about Sarah. My thoughts & prayers are with her family & friends. She was a very talented woman and will be sorely missed by all that knew her, I'm sure.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We were heart broken in Squamish, Whistler and Vancouver today. There was a moment of silence for her at BC Place before the Canada Haiti soccer game. It was nice.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Canada is mourning the loss of a great athlete and you are mourning the loss of a close friend. Our thoughts are with you.

This is so well-said, don't think I can do better than that. Was difficult to hear the news, so much more so for you as her friend.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was saddened to hear the news of Sarah's death. Although I am not, in general, a sports fan I have a tremendous admiration for our athletes. So many of them do so much for our society beyond their sport, we should cherish and support them while they are still with us! It sounds like Sarah was just such an athlete; and I know that this is a tremendous loss to her family, friends, fans and sport. However it is apparent that she has done a tremendous amount of good in this world and we can be thankful for that. My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family.

Mike
  • dianemass
    dianemass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl with such talent ! So very sad. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Diane
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just heard. My prayers go out to her husband, family and friends. So sad:heart:
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Sarah too well. We didn't have any classes together and I think she was a grade below me (but graduated the same year...back in the days with OAC!). It is still very sad. In the few times that I had spoken with her in school, she was very friendly to me. She really was an amazing girl.