"Well endowed" Ladies - Bra recommendations

Options
Not sure where else to put this - looking for bra recommendations. And in the big scheme of exercise and fitness it's just as important as good shoes or a heart rate monitor - right!? Any "board police" feel free to let me know the proper place to post this sorta thing!

I do a bootcamp three nights a week and run. I also do pilates twice a week (but it's not a problem there).

Currently wearing my regular bras (terrible terrible idea I know) and spent the last half mile of my two mile run today pulling up my straps and feeling terribly unsupported. I have a few cheap sports bras but do not like them at all.

I'm currently wearing a 40DD but pretty sure it's not sized totally right but for regular daytime wear it's fine and fits. Body is changing pretty quickly so I am giving it another month before I go shopping for new ones.

I will greatly appreciate any and all recommendations and websites to check out.

Thanks! And apologies in advance if this is too much information for anyone.

Replies

• Amanjo
    Amanjo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go to Title 9 Sports. They have bras for all sizes. And they rank them by level of support. I love the 4+ barbell bras. There are several different types. Hope this helps!

http://www.titlenine.com/ (Edited to add website link)
  • lilstirstik
    Options
    http://www.sportsbras.ca/ they are great!!!!
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank You both VERY much!!!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort - Fiona - NOTHING WILL MOVE AGAIN.

also highly rated on amazon :).
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    **looks at chest** Ill never measure up.....
  • inzkeeper
    Options
    I really like the Glamorise Cami Sports Bra and so does my very-into-martial-arts late teens daughter. Very supportive, comes in our kind of sizes, and the built in camisole is nice. I think sears carries them online, but not in store.

I bought ours online from the states (we're in Canada) much cheaper.
  • thatgirl99
    thatgirl99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enell...I saw on best of Oprah, and tried it...The best bra ever. It looks kind of intense, and when you first get it, kind of hard to breath, lol. But I am a DD cup and have no problem running or doing any kind of jumping. They don't even move at all. On their website, you can find where to buy them.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The butterfly bra that they sell at Ashley Stewart is amazing. They have two straps in the back instead of just one for extra reinforcement. Looks like they are on sale on the website right now.

http://ashleystewart.com/catalog/567/all_TheButterflyBra
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Saw this for the first time today. Have heard good things. so I will definitely be checking them out! Unfortunately, the nearest retailer is around 100 miles away, so I will have to order online.

http://www.enell.com/index.php

Edit: I saw them on a "Best of Oprah" rerun!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Recommendations in order

1:ENELL

2:ENELL

3:ENELL

4:EN. . . WELL YOU GET THE POINT

I have two and love them to pieces, except if I ever saw them in pieces I'd die, lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Quoting my wife.... "Tell her to find a lingerie shop that's run by little old Jewish or Italian ladies who will get up in there and measure them titties properly. That's your key."
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good question! Could use some good ideas, also!
  • KathyInBC
    KathyInBC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LuLu Lemon's TaTa Tamers are amazing and they don't give you uniboob squish.

What I've resorted to, given the shrinkingness, is wearing my old bras with a Genie bra overtop. I wear regular bra plus genie bra every day and my sports bras with genie bra overtop. I love feeling like the girls stay where they belong and love the smoothness the genie bra gives you. The genie works great by itself - I'm just so deflated these days that they wander quite a bit and I like the shape and lift I get with double-bagging them - lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Ok I really have nothing to add to this forum but as da Mayor of Rack City (see my forum on Rack City) felt it was by obligation to stop and offer to lend my support in any way possible. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Quoting my wife.... "Tell her to find a lingerie shop that's run by little old Jewish or Italian ladies who will get up in there and measure them titties properly. That's your key."

BAHAHAHA! I just finally after months convince a friend to go to my friend who is a nice little Jewish (she isn't old) lady. (even funnier ... I asked her for a job because I did such a great job of selling my friend!)

You probably need to be fitted. If you got fitted at VS, you are probably wearing the wrong size.
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    I want to echo the Enell recommendations! Enell bras changed my life. My breasts are the only things that don't hurt when I exercise now! They are expensive, but in my experience, worth every penny. They last forever and make a HUGE difference.

Whether or not you go Enell, it's worth looking into the difference between compression bras and encapsulation bras. We larger chested ladies benefit from encapsulation bras, which support the entire breast rather than trying to force it down, which is what compression bras do.

Definitely worth looking into!
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok I really have nothing to add to this forum but as da Mayor of Rack City (see my forum on Rack City) felt it was by obligation to stop and offer to lend my support in any way possible. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thank you Mayor.. It is always nice to know that we have the support of such an caring individual as yourself.. :wink:
  • christatree
    christatree Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Check your local running/shoe store to see if they do bra fittings. One of the many running stores near me even does an occasional ladies night where they bring all of the ladies shoes and apparel to the front of the store to highlight it, have bra fittings, raffles, seated massage,special discounts for that evening and snack & drinks. Very cool! I actually won a pair of Brooks Ravenna 2 shoes because a Brooks Representative was there.
    I'm on the smaller boobage end of the spectrum but definitely try on (jump,bend & stretch) before you buy!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump....
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ENELL!!! The goddess bra will be your best friend. At my biggest I was a 40DDDD. And trying to run. It was ridonkulous. I probably would have qualified for reduction surgery if I'd had health insurance. The goddess bra was a LIFESAVER. They're spendy but SO WORTH IT.