How far under calorie goal?

Options
Soooo, I'm trying to leave a healthy defecit in my calories for the day...I'm succeeding but wanted to know what others usually have leftover????

Thanks,

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Since MFP calculates your deficit for you, I go for as close to my goal as possible. Sometimes I go a little under but not more than a couple hundred calories and I always net at least 1200-1300.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't always have leftover calories. I try to end my day plus or minus about 50 calories, so sometimes I am a little over and sometimes a little under. MFP already calculates the deficit into the target they give you.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You have a deficit already.. so I usually eat all of mine.
    If I'm not hungry, I don't force it l... but It's not hard to easily hit 1300 calories a day for me.
    Today I worked out twice ad burned about 700 and ate over half of those back too..
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I try to stay pretty close to the goal. It's usually difficult for me to hit it spot on. If i'm under it's usually only by about 25-50 calories. But, I don't sweat it if I go over by a 100 or so.

I've already reached my first goal, I'm trying for another 20lbs but from this point everything else is extra. However, even when I was really pushing it with 2lbs per week goal, I still had days where I went over by more than that. My theory is that if I allow myself to eat things I'm craving or that looks REALLY good, then I don't go overboard and have a break down and eat a ton of it because I've deprived myself.

You just have to find what works for you