TDEE

Options
Has anyone noticed that their tdee if using the Harris Benedict formula for creating a calorie deficit is different from what MFP comes up with?

My tdee is 1973 according to the Harris Benedict method. But according to MFP my tdee is 1830 - so it has me at a min of 1200 which is never enough for me.

Replies

• lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was just looking at this recently because I have been going by MFP calculations and I have plateaued. I thought that maybe I should re-evaluate my TDEE. MFP says my TDEE is 1660 and the Harris-Benedict says it's 1866...Wonder which is correct---because that is a HUGE difference. I don't want to be overeating with one and undereating with the other:huh: .
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was just looking at this recently because I have been going by MFP calculations and I have plateaued. I thought that maybe I should re-evaluate my TDEE. MFP says my TDEE is 1660 and the Harris-Benedict says it's 1866...Wonder which is correct---because that is a HUGE difference. I don't want to be overeating with one and undereating with the other:huh: .

I went back and changed my activity to very active and that's when I noticed my tdee was off. I thi k we might not be eatting enough. I've been gonng over my calories (1200 min) and I'm still losing. The Harris Benedict formula is well known and frequently used, it may be right.....