Walkin' Lightly :happy:

cassavant
cassavant Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:happy: That's my goal ... to be able to walk lightly without using my walker. I've been using one since January of 2005 and would love to get rid of it again. I'd been in a car accident in 1973 where my knees had gone into the dashboard. And they haven't been right ever since. I HAD been woefully inattentive to the needs of my body, until I topped out at 432 pounds in March of 2007 when I first joined Weight Watchers. I've been a steady meeting attender ever since then. I'm now down within shouting distance of the 300 pound threshhold and hope to make it into the TwoTerville trolly station soon!.

I'm a 62 year old woman in a committed relationship. I've lived in several states over the years but currently live in Birmingham, AL. Each place I've lived has its own pluses and minuses. Originally I'm from Minnesota, so winters here in Birmingham seem extremely mild in comparison!

I'm a newly converted World of Warcraft player - I used to do D2 until just recently. I'm working 5 characters and my lowest is level 24 with the highest at level 46. I'm in a kewl guild and the players there help each other out a lot. And when I'm playing WoW --- I'm NOT eating, which is great!!!

Replies

• :happy: That's my goal ... to be able to walk lightly without using my walker. I've been using one since January of 2005 and would love to get rid of it again. I'd been in a car accident in 1973 where my knees had gone into the dashboard. And they haven't been right ever since. I HAD been woefully inattentive to the needs of my body, until I topped out at 432 pounds in March of 2007 when I first joined Weight Watchers. I've been a steady meeting attender ever since then. I'm now down within shouting distance of the 300 pound threshhold and hope to make it into the TwoTerville trolly station soon!.

I'm a 62 year old woman in a committed relationship. I've lived in several states over the years but currently live in Birmingham, AL. Each place I've lived has its own pluses and minuses. Originally I'm from Minnesota, so winters here in Birmingham seem extremely mild in comparison!

I'm a newly converted World of Warcraft player - I used to do D2 until just recently. I'm working 5 characters and my lowest is level 24 with the highest at level 46. I'm in a kewl guild and the players there help each other out a lot. And when I'm playing WoW --- I'm NOT eating, which is great!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good luck on your goal & good job with your weight loss so far! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    good luck....keep a sense of humor throughthe journey...it is the only thing that keeps me sane:smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the boards! You should be very proud of the accompolishments you've made so far! :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Wow! You've already come so far!! Good for you! MFP will help get you the rest of the way, keep up the great work! Welcome!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Great job so far! The main thing is to keep motivated and keep working toward your goals. I think we all get so discouraged that it takes so much time to lose the weight, but we just have to focus on where we want to be. It always seems like the weight comes on so fast, but when it comes time to take if off, it can be such a struggle. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, so I wish you all the luck in the world!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou: and well done on your weight loss so far, that is fantastic! :bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    good Luck :drinker: and Welcome :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
This discussion has been closed.