I'm an addict!

Options
I have a recently developed addiction to Sugar Free Red Bull!
Every afternoon during work I walk up to the gas station closest to our office and buy a red bull and I get anxious when I get to busy to go for my walk for the Red Bull.

The best part... its only 10 calories!!
Its like my own little can of heaven :bigsmile:

Does anyone know of any other energy drinks that are low in calories & sugar?

Replies

• HelloSunshine
    Options
    Every afternoon during work I walk up to the gas station closest to our office and buy a red bull and I get anxious when I get to busy to go for my walk for the Red Bull.

• jdsmith
    jdsmith Posts: 12
    Options
    coffee, pepsi max :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

oh my sweet young freind-

please stay away from a daily energy drink...occasionally is still not good but I dont need the wrath today of the moderation crowd.....how much are those energy drinks? please just eat better and you can save money and avoid the caffiene overload that is the source of most energy drinks

I might have another cup of joe before a workout but not always

google energy drinks and check it out
    Dave
  • HelloSunshine
    Options

please stay away from a daily energy drink...occasionally is still not good but I dont need the wrath today of the moderation crowd.....how much are those energy drinks? please just eat better and you can save money and avoid the caffiene overload that is the source of most energy drinks

Dave

I don't even drink them to give me more energy to work out or anything.
    I just like the way they taste.
    Its a small 8 oz can which is like $2.37
    Its a good boost so I dont fall asleep at work.
    I do eat good but I just like to have my Red Bull in the afternoon, and it can hardly be that bad considering there is no sugar and only 10 calories.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    death by caffine....

there is this website you can put in your weight and your caffine source..(pepsi, coffee, redbull, ect...) and it will tell you how many you can drink before you have a caffine overdose lol
    i need 73 large timhortons coffees
    or 183 cans of redbull....

not sure which is really better for me now....

jackie

http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have never had that drink before and I have one question- what are those 10 calories made up of? If not carbs then...what is it?
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Dave

Good one Dave. There are also 100 calorie packs of junk food, but no one argues that they "aren't that bad for you." It's like bad, in moderation. 2.37 a can! I wish I could afford to spend 15 bucks a week on beverages alone...
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I get anxious when I get to busy to go for my walk for the Red Bull.

Does this sound like it is a good thing? When you are getting anxious to get your fix, it is a problem. Lose the energy drinks. You have natural energy and if you eat properly, exercise and get a good night's sleep, you will not be falling asleep in the afternoon.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I gave up caffeine in January. It was tough at first. I detoxed gradually over a week so I didn't have any bad headaches. Now I sleep better than ever and have more energy.

Caffeine is the bottom level of "speed" products. I wish I'd done this years ago.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I never liked the taste of Red Bull, well of course it was with Jagermeister in JagerBombs when I was younger but it had a real perfumey smell and taste to it. Does the SF taste different?

My hubby just got a huge lecture from his doctor about energy drinks, very bad for his blood pressure, heart, etc. He was also taking those 3 hour shots in a bottle for like $4 a day....oh, if only I had known before...his allowance would have been cut!:laugh: :grumble: :explode: :mad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    my opinion is that they are horrible for you..you may not feel it now but when you can no longer buy them or when your unable to access them your body is going to go into terrible withdrawls..migraines,mood swings etc etc..its just not worth it considering eventually when you cant have them you will not even have the stamina to go to the gym or work...I used to take something similar...the day of reckoning was when i glimpsed at myself in the mirror and i looked like a raccoon...serious black bags and circles under my eyes..it was then I said to myself "Do I really look like this OMG!" I immediately stopped and never looked back....I wish you the best but I think its not a smart choice.....More sleep ay night, a multivitamin and food that provides energy is what ya need. I guess I should answer your question rather than lecture lol I do know of a good energy drink its called a *smoothie* made from veggies and fruit....
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    I know that most of the people responding are opposed to energy drinks, and I understand why.

HOWEVER- I am a nurse that works 7 or 8 12 hour shifts in a row. I cannot drink a lot of caffeine, and I do not drink soda or coffee. I LOVE Zipfizz. It is an energy drink with very little caffeine, and LOTS of B Vitamins and others. You do not get a buzz from it, and you don't feel a let down when it wears off, since it does not really wear off. You just feel really well hydrated and positive when you drink it.

I buy mine at Sam's, or you can get it online for a bit more. It is a tube of powder that you mix into a bottle or glass of water- usually between 16 and 20 oz. I prefer the mixed berry flavor with a half a lemon squeezed into it. I don't drink juice either because it puts too many sugars directtly into my bloodstream. The Zipfizz takes care of that desire as well. It only has 10 calories from Sucralose or Xylitol, depending on the flavor.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I feel you.

I love sweets, and to beat my sweet tooth I've been drinking Pepsi Max - but I'm sure the fake sugar is going to cause cancer one day.

I try to drink it only when I've absolutely got to have something sweet and brushing my teeth doesn't help.
  • kimmundt
    kimmundt Posts: 19
    Options
    even though a drink has no sugar doesnt mean that it wont raise your blood sugar. Caffeine can give you a blood sugar spike, so if you are worried about that, I would limit the caffeine.