43 year old Philly girl-great motivator and anti - diet ment

Options
always up for new friends and healthy buddies! I am a great motivator and friends- no matter where you live.
My story is an interesting one- lost 125lbs, put 1/2 of it back on- now down 9 since Jan 3rd. Had diabetes - got rid of it- weight came back on after my dad died, one of my bff's died, had 2 major surgeries, 2 car accidents and a slip and fall with broken bones in my foot.
HUGE fan of Chalene Johnson and Turbo Jam/Kick/Fire...and her PUSH book.

When I am not working out, , I work from home as a senior care advisor/social worker and love my job.
Anyway, add me, say hello, I am non judgmental and my philosophy is to live HEALTHY- I don't use the word DIET in the context of "I am dieting." nor do I say I am GOOD or BAD relating to how I eat, nor do I say I cheated if I eat a cookie. I stay away from the diet mentality, weight loss pills, fad diets, pre packaged weight loss meals, splenda/nutrasweet/sweetnlow. and believe any food in moderation won't kill you. I believe working out and the ability to MOVE your body is a privilege and do not equate exercise with torture. I do not deprive myself of unhealthy foods, I just know my body feels better when I eat healthy and work out. It's easier to be healthy than to take insulin, and have back pain due to a lot of extra weight.

I lost my 125 counting WW points but like MFP so much better- esp since WW changed their point system.
I still am on my journey and anyone is welcome to join me!

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me
    good luck :)
    Charmaine
  • merzback
    Options
    Thanks so much! I have been here for a while but just got serious since Jan 1st :) I will add you and thank you!
  • LauraSS
    LauraSS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :smile: YAY, she's back! Thank Goodness for January 1st when life starts over. I'm PROUD of you Meredith.
  • merzback
    Options
    Thanks! this is the longest I've been BACK in 3 years- so something snapped in me, reading and working the PUSH book and working from home helps too! :) How are YOU Laura
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful mindset on life and fitness,it's not about dieting and depriving yourself for me either.Feel free to add me.And much sucess on your life journey!