Thinking Of Trying Quorn ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I fancy making chilli this weekend, and I was reccommended to try Quorn mince instead of normal beef mince. Apparently it tastes near enough the same. Is this true? Also, whats the texture like? Asda's extra lean mince has 123kcal per 100g and Quorn has 103kcal per 100g so its not a HUGE difference, but is it worth a try?

I love Quorn, the mince tastes virtually the same as real mince.

I eat a lot of chicken, broccoli and cheese escalops, difficult to tell the difference to real chicken in those.

Very low in fat is Quorn.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it's brilliant!

My brother told me he would never eat it because it tastes "strange" I cooked it in spag bowl and didnt tell him, he ate the whole lot and told me how nice it was. (I did tell him after and he eats it quite a lot now)
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    It's amazing how meat imitation products can be hidden in foods like chili and spaghetti sauce. I use the Morning Star crumbles in mine and it's delicious.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, so I use Quorn mince for spag bol and chilli quite a lot. The fat content is waaay lower than meat, but it's still rich in protein.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian, but think ground beef is gross (unless I grind it myself). Google "pink slime" to find out more about why I don't like ground beef....

I love Quorn products! I've only tried the mince and the chick'n nuggets, but they are both fabulous. I was never even really a chicken nugget lover, but the ones Quorn makes are delish!

:love: