Boob jobs...

Options
lizzue
lizzue Posts: 276 Member
Anyone had one and what do you think? I am really worried that when I lose weight I will lose the girls and need a back up plan :-) x

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    I don't have one, and I won't get one. I've got better things to spend my money on when a push-up bra will do the job just fine :laugh:

Also, my bra just broke so I definitely don't need a boob job :laugh:
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    well personally i wouldnt partly because im too scared lol but also due to the cost, maintenance over the years (haha like a car) and the recent scare of faulty implants in the news!

I lost my girls....twas a sad day when i realised BUT i gained sooooo much more, id rather have small tatas but have the confidence to show off the rest of my assets haha x
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    have you been watching the news about PIP implants? I wouldn't dream of getting one now.
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    Have a look at this website http://www.007b.com/

It contains pictures of normal breasts in a non sexualized way for women to learn what real bodies look like - not photoshopped, airbrushed for educational purposes and to make you feel better about what you already have. Many people have praised this site, men included. :)
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Most women find their boobs to shrink proportionally to their body. Meaning, if they were a 38C they'd end up at a 32C. This surprises all the women, because they know that their boobs are nothing but fat and therefore will be burned. Which apparently they won't, not unless you go below 15% bf.

Just people's experience.
  • CheronaL
    Options
    I WANT I WANT!! And have done for years. I never had much anyway. But after three kids, I've been left with less each pregnancy. Add Breastfeeding and I've what looks like tennis balls in a sock. I want them for my own self confidence. Not for anyone else. So if it will make you feel better - GO FOR IT! (And if you could spare a dollar towards mine, I won't say no!! ha ha ha ha ha)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I understand the importance of a healthy body image in ones own eyes but never for a moment think that you are defined as a person by the size of your breasts.

You are pretty,that is obvious,so let yourself be the best person you can be and let a guy fall for you.
    Anyone that would only be interested in you as long as you are a certain breast size is not worth having around.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I want badly, but cant afford it!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Well I havent had one, but I also havent lost my weight yet.:blushing: I think you'll know what you want when you reach your goal. I have a friend who had a reduction and lift, and she looks great! I think I'd be more keen on a uplift rather than implants, But all surgery carries risk's. What I plan to do is save for the uplift, and if I decide not to do it when I reach my goal, then I can spend it on something else I allways wanted..:-):drinker:
  • joandhan
    Options
    i was booked in for boob job today..... after 6 kids and weight loss of 5st i felt i badly needed one, and im 50, however i bottoled out a week ago and cancelled.... so i bought silacone chicken fillets and a bigger bra to put them in, much cheaper and now im accepting them as they are! but if it makes you happy then why not!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had an augmentation and a lift. I went from a 36D to a small 34B after I quit breast feeding and lost a significant amount of weight. Personally, I wouldn't get one unless I didn't plan on having anymore kids. I love mine though. I''m a pear shaped girl, so it makes me feel more in proportion.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    have you been watching the news about PIP implants? I wouldn't dream of getting one now.

From what I understand, that isn't an issue here in the states.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Boobs are for kids. You will look great.
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    First need to weigh the pros vs cons. If there are more pros then go for it. At the end of the day you have to be happy no matter what everyone else thinks or says. My sister got them done 2 years ago. She went from a 32A to 34B...not huge but she's happy she did it.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have alrdy informed my husband that if the ladies disappear I will be getting fake ones. I love my boobs, I love having them, I love the way they look in the shirts I like to wear, I feel more womanly. I was flat all growing up, a late sprouter I guess. But when I got em at 20 and then they got better and stayed that way after my second child at 21... yeah there will be no going back to the itty bitty titty committee for me!!!!
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have alrdy informed my husband that if the ladies disappear I will be getting fake ones. I love my boobs, I love having them, I love the way they look in the shirts I like to wear, I feel more womanly. I was flat all growing up, a late sprouter I guess. But when I got em at 20 and then they got better and stayed that way after my second child at 21... yeah there will be no going back to the itty bitty titty committee for me!!!!

And for the record my husband said he will be happy with me without me having boobs. The boobs are not for him, they are for me!
  • bsalis76
    Options
    I'm not going to weigh in on the pros and cons of implants, of which much can be said.

Though I just wanted to point out something that doesn't get mentioned much. It's that once you get implants you will probably need to have them replaced in 10~15 years. Although in theory they will last a lifetime, your carrying a bigger risk past a decade. Once you opt-in, there's no going back. For many women that's not a problem - just get bigger implants next time! But for someone contemplating first implants, it's worth keeping in mind.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I understand the importance of a healthy body image in ones own eyes but never for a moment think that you are defined as a person by the size of your breasts.

You are pretty,that is obvious,so let yourself be the best person you can be and let a guy fall for you.
    Anyone that would only be interested in you as long as you are a certain breast size is not worth having around.

This man speaks the truth, but I just want to add that if you feel like you need implants to be happy with your body image, by all means have them done but make sure you heavily research the pros and cons and really think about what level of alteration is necessary for you to be satisfied.
    because they know that their boobs are nothing but fat and therefore will be burned. Which apparently they won't, not unless you go below 15% bf.

Not strictly true. There is also breast tissue within your breasts (the mammory system) and the amount of this varies between each person, although it is true that there is a LARGE amount of fat stored there.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Not everyone's breasts get drastically smaller as they lose weight. There's no reason to spend much time worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. If it does happen, you might not feel the need to have implants anyway. If you do decide to go for implants, please do more research than an informal poll on a fitness forum. You will need to research the doctors in your area who are legitimate and skilled.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    My wife has expressed interest. She's a double D now and perfect, but she's afraid when she loses weight, they will shrink. I support whatever she decides. Money well spent if she is happy. I love her. She could get a prosthetic penis, for all I care, and I would still love her. Just wouldn't let her "spoon" me.