THE DREADED WEEKEND

Options
I ALWAYS MAKE GREAT STRIDES DURING THE WEEK WITH MY PROGRAM. I'M AT WORK, IT'S A CONTROLLED ENVIROMENT, THERE'S REALLY NOTHING TO SNACK ON AND I FIND IT EASIER TO CONTROL WHAT I EAT. I SIT AT THE COMPUTER FOR MOST OF THE DAY, AND AM ABLE TO ENTER EVERYTHING I EAT ON MY FITNESS PAL. IT KEEPS ME HONEST, LOL. THEN COMES FRIDAY NIGHT...........THE WIFE DOESN'T COOK ON FRIDAYS AND WE ALMOST ALWAYS EAT OUT. AND I LIKE TO EAT. THE REST OF THE WEEKEND IS USUALLY SPENT RUNNING AROUND AND EATING ON THE GO. I'M AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND MY WATCHDOG AND I USUALLY GO CRAZY. WELL I'M GOING TO START THIS WEEKEND RIGHT!!!! DAMMIT!!! I WILL NOT LOSE THE GAINS I MADE THIS WEEK BY OVERINDULGING IN CRAP FOOD I SOOOO LOVE. THIS WEEKEND WILL BE DIFFERANT. ASK ME ON MONDAY HOW MY WEEKEND WENT, I HOPE TO HAVE A GOOD REPORT FOR MYSELF.

Replies

• bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, the weekend kill me. But this past weekend I did it (first time in a very long time). I stayed under my calorie goal!! So you can do this!!!!! Just plan a head before going out to dinner :smile:
  • denisedoesdiet
    denisedoesdiet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I would be interested in how you both do it is Friday. I am determined to get through it.
  • leaso75581
    Options
    you guys motivate me!! i'm going to do it as well. i have the same problem. let's all check in on monday and see how it went!:smile:
  • dburek
    dburek Posts: 9
    Options
    I also have this problem! My boys ( 9& 10 ) wrestle in tournaments every weekend...there are so many temptations at these events! I usually eat nachos, hot dogs, etc. I am going to take my own lunch this weekend and see if I can resist! Check- in Monday sounds like a great idea!
  • Geckokat
    Geckokat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekends are definitely a challenge. We often have special events going on, or are out and about. I try to bring healthy snacks and such to help. I find exercise hard on the weekend, too, because I am out of routine.
  • jimenez81
    Options
    If your family doesn't like to cook on Fridays (we don't either!) try planning a meal ahead of time. Sometimes on Thursday nights I will cook extra food like chicken breast while I make the meal for that night and I will have it ready to pop in the micowave.

One of our favorites: Cooked chicken breast with stir fry veggies (That I cooked the night before) we like to wrap it in a tortilla shell with mustard and honey drizzled over the veggie/chicken mix. seriouly, I could eat 3 servings of it, be so full, and it's still so many less calories than going out somewhere. Guess it depends on if you like honey/mustard but my daughter puts light ranch dressing on hers, my husband does salsa or hot sauce. Try different things!

Another one I used to make a lot when I was a single mom and I was working and going to school was chicken breast cut up and wrapped in a tortilla with ranch and parmesean cheese in it. Mmmmmmmm

Anyway, good luck! there are options out there! i know it's hard but YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Same here bud. We're invited to friends house tonight for BBQ. I've got my mind set that I'll have some lean protein with veggies and maybe a glass of red wine or two. Being from the south, much of our socializing on weekends revolves around food and drink.....most of which is unhealthy.......it's definitely challenging. But you can do it man.....plan it out.
  • mrscollins1112
    Options
    I feel ya. This is my first week end and honestly Iam not looking forward to it. We are in the same boat at our house week ends are busy and spent running around and that means eatting out. I have decided I am planning my meals for the week end and will do all prep work friday night so I will be in the clear. I will make it work I hope:P

You can do it I know you can:)
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is my problem too. Come the weekend....I'm ready for happy hour and chips/salsa. But I want this weekend to be different, we'll see how I do!!!
  • taisaac
    taisaac Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm the same way on the weekends. On Fridays I normally take my son to Burger King in the mornings as a reward for us getting out of the earlier than normal. I get a sandwich as well. Today, I made a choice to not to have the sandwich. I went to work and bought a raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a strip of bacon. I'm having the other half of my bagel with the left over cream cheese and an apple for a snack.

I said all of that to say that I'm doing my best to eat more conservative early today so that I can make sure I am able to enjoy the pizza from an awesome restaurant this evening. Even then, I'm going to have a piece of fruit before I get to the restaurant and have a salad before the pizza comes out. This will assure me of eating less of the pizza.

I guess what I'm saying is that planning road blocks will help us through our weekends. Plan some healthy road blocks and maybe amp up the workouts so that the weekend has little to no affect on your weight loss. As well, I joined a weight loss challenge at work which is assisting me in my weight loss journey.:happy:
  • roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that I'm not alone in this matter! I can lose 4lbs in 5 days and gain 5lbs in 2! hee hee

Here's to having the best of effort's this weekend and sticking with them!