5ft 3 results.. please share!

Options

Replies

• natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow....those pictures! You all look fantastic!!!!!! I'm 5' 1/2". Started at 120. Now I'm 112. I have a very small frame and shooting for 105. That was my weight in high school, college, and before 3 kids. I've been doing 6 week 6 pack, and Ripped in 30. I'm toned all over except the belly.

Keep up the great work everyone. Love seeing all these fabulous befores and afters. Gives me and my flabby belly hope.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I really like to see progress pics for people in my height range but it makes me wonder what i'll be when i lose some more, I started at 177lb and I am currently 162lb.

I would like to think that I would be happy once i reached my initial goal of 147lb but I guess until i get there i wont know how i feel, I was 143 when i got married at 21 (divorced now..) and i am sure i was confident, but i do not remember if that confidence was happiness.

I guess i will find out in due course!!
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    if you are 5'3" i'd aim for more like 112-115... it's supposed to be roughly 5 lb for every inch over 5 feet tall with 5 feet tall being 100 lbs. so 5'3" is 115. i am 5'4" going for 122-125 personally. i don't think lower would look very good on me and i want to keep muscle
    Edited by MJ7910 on Fri 01/20/12 10:13 AM

I agree with the above quote, I'm also 5'3' the best I ever looked was at 117 lbs
    If you can do it good for you, but dont get carried away or stuck on a number, you already look good weight wise for your height.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    if you are 5'3" i'd aim for more like 112-115... it's supposed to be roughly 5 lb for every inch over 5 feet tall with 5 feet tall being 100 lbs. so 5'3" is 115. i am 5'4" going for 122-125 personally. i don't think lower would look very good on me and i want to keep muscle
    Edited by MJ7910 on Fri 01/20/12 10:13 AM

I agree with the above quote, I'm also 5'3' the best I ever looked was at 117 lbs
    If you can do it good for you, but dont get carried away or stuck on a number, you already look good weight wise for your height.

I'm not really bothered about the number.. it was one I picked as it was on the low end of my bmi.. I'm thinking about 110/115, I'm going to re-assess my goal when I hit 120, and see whether I need to lose anymore.

The number doesn't bother me anymore :)
  • dogsmother
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'2" and started my journey at 153lbs and I'm currently 141lbs - so it's going in the right direction. My goal however, is around 130lbs, but if I get there and feel I could do more then I'll try. I have been doing a lot of exercise classes and jogging so I can also see the difference in my body shape and that's so inspiring.
  • abbieissofatlike
    Options
    WOW!! you're so thin!! but how have you gotten to 108 pounds?? i'm 115 pounds and 5ft 3 at the moment, i'm having less than 1300 calories a day now, but i know i can't go under 1200 or my body will be likely to go into starvation mode and make it harder to lose weight. How many calories a day are you consuming?? Apparently, if i have 1236 calories a day, i will be 111.1 pounds in 5 weeks... that isn't much over 1200 calories, but it's no where near 108 pounds... so confused! do i need to drink 8 glasses of water a day as well to achieve 108 pounds?? please helpp!!:)x
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3. My goal was 108 but I can't seem to get below 109 - I know 1 pound doesn't make a difference but I was determined to reach the goal - anyways I guess 109 is my 'set point' and now I'm happy here.

Just interested how did others lose their final pounds?
  • tbryant11366
    Options
    Great Job! You look fantastic!
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    WOW!! great job everyone!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look amazing but your goal of 105 I believe is too low. I think you should just work on toning where you are already at.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    With respect if you are aiming to be toned & fit not just skinny you should not be looking as low as 110...because your muscle will make your scale weight more. You should be looking now at turning fat to muscle so therefore using measurements rather than scale weight. You already look amazing..do you really want to lose all your womanly curves?

Agree

My thoughts exactly.
  • alli4350
    alli4350 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm 5'3". My start weight was 145, and I'm now at 120. My goal is 115. I have a small frame so I don't think 110 would be unreasonable either, but because I'm so close to my goal, I want to decrease my cardio and increase strength training so I expect I'll gain some of the weight back (in the form of muscle).
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    You look great now! Good Job! : D I am 5 '3 and I currently weight 145. My goal is 130 -135. I know my doctor said that for my hieght my ideal weight would be 129. I don't think I want to go below that but I guess well see once I get there.:wink:

Had to wonder if I typed that...same here 5'3 145 trying to get to 130
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 117lbs, 25% body fat.

My goal is 112lbs.

Once I get there, I may revise it to 108lbs, depending on my body fat %.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I started out (in January) at 307. I am now (as of 5/28) 266. I would be tickled to get to 135, but my goals may change once I get there. :wink:
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started my journey at 165lbs+ (not sure of the exact figure but I think it was around that if not more)

yay-1.jpg

I am now almost half way at 136lbs

yay.jpg

My goal is 105lbs but I want to see other people's results.. pics of people with a similar starting weight and people my height (5ft 3) that are close to my goal.. between 105lbs and 110lbs.

Thanks!!

It's amazing how you can be the same height and weight but your body shape is different. I didn't look as good as you at 136 when I was 125. My goal is 110 and I am just a lb away. I'm happy right now. Just want to maintain.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    5ft3. Current weight 144lbs, GW for now is 126lbs. Maybe less when i get there. Probs no lower than 119lbs.My highest weifght was 175lbs and lowest was 124lbs so yeah, i gained a bit back but working on it.
  • themegnapkin
    Options
    "It's amazing how you can be the same height and weight but your body shape is different. I didn't look as good as you at 136 when I was 125. My goal is 110 and I am just a lb away. I'm happy right now. Just want to maintain."

Ditto - I'm just over 120 right now, and I have a lot of muscle from doing cross-fit, but I don't look as good as the OP at 136.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 5'2'', but that's close to 3. :D

SW - 215
    CW - 190-ish
    GW - 160 (after I reach 160, I will be resetting my goals to 130)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!