Body/physical issues since dieting question

I hate to ask this cause it is a little gross but I needed some input.
I have lost 17.1 lbs and I've been exercising almost daily but nothing major (walking for 30-75 minutes on my treadmill, jump rope, jumping jacks, crunches, and my weight machine twice). I have also been eating less. I am not trying to starve myself but I am just not hungry so I have skipped a few meals here and there. My issue is that for the past 2 or 3 days I have had loose stool and I am going several times a day, I used to only go once.
I am also getting nauseous almost every single time I eat, the heavier the meal the worse it is.
Plus a few days ago I only ate one meal (a small breakfast) and the next day when I tried eating the top back of my mouth hurt like hell. I could hardly eat. It's been fine since.
I will be honest, I am taking a diet pill but I have taken it a few times before with absolutely no side effects. I am also taking juice plus vitamins, which I have taken before but not regularly. I take a cranberry pill because I hate cranberry juice and I am extremely prone to UTI's. I am also taking a water pill which I have never taken before. The water pill would be the only thing I'd be willing to drop from that list. I only take one a day, first thing in the morning.

So, is the messed up bowels, cramps, nausea, and mouth pain all normal?

Replies

• I've never taken diet pills or supplements, so I don't know about side effects, but it sounds like a more regular diet may help. Skipping meals is probably throwing your body off and it's not handling the food the way it normally would. By eating regularly each day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner), you might be able to get yourself back to regular.

If you find you're not hungry very often, try eating less during each meal, and your body should start to metabolize the food at a regular rate. The nausea may be a result of the diet pills, as I've heard of that happening...same thing with loose stools. My old roommate had a similar issue and it was because her body wasn't processing fat, so it would just...um, come out in it's oily form.

If you have a doctor, I would ask him/her about the combination of the pills, too. They may be reacting poorly with each other.

keep fighting the good fight :)
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    I've never taken diet pills or supplements, so I don't know about side effects, but it sounds like a more regular diet may help. Skipping meals is probably throwing your body off and it's not handling the food the way it normally would. By eating regularly each day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner), you might be able to get yourself back to regular.

If you find you're not hungry very often, try eating less during each meal, and your body should start to metabolize the food at a regular rate. The nausea may be a result of the diet pills, as I've heard of that happening...same thing with loose stools. My old roommate had a similar issue and it was because her body wasn't processing fat, so it would just...um, come out in it's oily form.

If you have a doctor, I would ask him/her about the combination of the pills, too. They may be reacting poorly with each other.

keep fighting the good fight :)

Thanks for the input. Its not that type of diet pill though. I know the ones you are talking about.
    I guess I will just have to force myself to eat cause its not meal size either, I've been eating small meals (a banana for bfast, a turkey burger alone w/out bread or anything for lunch, dinner's have been normal size but bfast and lunch are small and I dont snack.) I will try eating more normally. Thanks again.
  • I would really try to go without the diet and water pill, or drop what you can of them all.

I eat very well, regularly and sometimes when I am low on food in my stomach, vitamins or pills of any kind can mess with my stomach and even make me throw up! I take a DHA Omega-3 pills, a multi-vitamin, and sometimes calcium/magnesium. I never take more than 2 pills together but I have come to find that I basically MUST have a meal in my stomach before taking anything. I know these aren't the same as diet pills, but know that if your body is reacting adversely to your dietary choices, it's trying to tell you something.

Even with light 30-75 minutes of exercise, you shouldn't skip meals, but instead spread them out into smaller meals. You're body needs the energy throughout the day and taking any of those pills on an empty or emptier stomach is probably not doing you any favors. It's not about HOW MUCH you eat before it's about WHAT you eat, in relation to healthy living. To only eat once a day is only telling your body, "hey, this is all you're getting!" — and your body responds by trying to conserve all the energy it can by slowing your metabolism down. There goes all that great calorie-burning you worked so hard for!

I'm confident that you can continue to lose weight without anything added medicinal help, aside from the cranberry which seems to be for a different purpose. Tricking your body into doing certain things won't work in the long term. You're better off making other changes, smarter changes to your diet and exercise routine because let's face it— you might loose the weight, but at some point will go off the pills and even will keep the same routine, and the weight will come right back.

You can't take these pills forever, so I encourage you to work harder to get yourself eating smarter, regularly, and not deprive yourself. You can reach your goal weight without going this route.

Good luck to you.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Good advice from above posters. You could also have a little stomach bug.....I agree to stop the diet pills and call the doctor if you are concerned.
  • staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    I would say its the water pill. I can not take them because they make me very upset to my stomach.I would drop it for a while and see if you feel better:happy:
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Definitely talk to doc about the combo of pills. Drug interactions can be serious business, and your body is telling you something isn't right.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks everybody. I will try the eating better. I will stop the water pill tomorrow. And I know I cannot take the diet pills forever but I am only using them as a boost anyways. A few weeks on them to help my stomach shrink in size. They worked before and I honestly feel the reason I gained weight back last time was being I was not mentally where I needed to be. I broke my foot so I quit working out, became sad and pathetic so I quit eating healthy. At that time I had recently moved to a new city 4 hours away from any family, my husband had been shipped to kuwait, i had 2 very young children and one was diagnosed with autism. I was sad and alone and scared. This time, my mind is finally set and focused, this time there is no going back. Thanks so much for the advice. I will for sure focus on the eating and drop the water pill. Thanks again.