How do you handle falling off the wagon?

Options
The past two days haven't been very good. I exceeded my daily limits. I don't want this to become a pattern or habit so it needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP. I don't know if maybe it's due to the anniversary of my grandfather's death (2 years ago-we were very close) or maybe mother nature... but I am starting to panic and need to stop before this gets out of hand. :\

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't think you are alone. Most of us do the same thing. :flowerforyou:
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    :flowerforyou: No worries love! We all fall off the wagon at some point!! Just pick yourself back up & get in a workout. No matter how I'm feeling before a workout, things get better as soon as i'm done with one. You feel amazing & you will have a burst of energy. Just keep your head up & don't give up! Good luck!
  • gini2407
    gini2407 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up.....you are not alone. The past 2 days for me have been a complete disaster too, and I just finished telling someone that I was very concerned about falling back into old habits. We didn't lose our weight over night and we won't gain it all back overnight either. Tomorrow is a new day. :flowerforyou:
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    thank you.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and let it go. Then look at the next moment and make a decision on what you can do RIGHT NOW to get back on track. Not later tonight, not tomorrow, today, right now in this moment.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    but I am starting to panic and need to stop before this gets out of hand. :\

So stop. It's that simple.

Don't let a minor, ultimately inconsequential slip bother you. It happens to everyone. How you choose to react to it will determine how far you get.

I find that get outdoors, in the fresh air and doing some exercise helps me refocus. Endorphins baby. Success is a self reinforcing cycle.
  • Elundari
    Options
    Tomorrow is a brand new day with a clean slate, forget what happened today it's in the past it's happened but tomorrow.....tomorrow is a day you can seize!!
  • skullkrusher22
    Options
    "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward" - Victor Kiam

We all have our obstacles and sometimes we trip over a few, so what really matters is if you pick yourself back up and keep it moving. I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure 2 days doesn't turn into 5 days or two weeks. Stay focused on your goal and you will be back on track in no time.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I find that I try to justify why I fell off rather than just telling myself to knock it off. Finally, when I tell myself to quit making excuses and own up to it, I am right back on track!
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stand up, brush yourself off, and jump back on. What's done is done and you can't go back and change it. But you can change what you do tomorrow.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    We are human not perfect forgive yourself, and get back on the wagon.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just start over the next day.....no excuses.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Stand up, brush yourself off, and jump back on. What's done is done and you can't go back and change it. But you can change what you do tomorrow.

This!!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying- just get back on the wagon again.

Someone on here once said something that stuck with me and it was something like "You've only failed when you stop trying again".
  • 1dragonfly
    1dragonfly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also remember the things you have done right. I passed up Burger King, Pizza Hut. So I bought a bag of M&M's--I will make sure I have apples and almonds on hand tomorrow. As previously stated, note what you did and how you will not do it or do it differently tomorrow. Every day is a fresh start! Good Luck!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Punch yourself in the face and get back to it.

There's no shame in it, we all do it sometimes.

tumblr_lxwpdnFV851rn3ie5o1_500.jpg
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward" - Victor Kiam

Good quote! I think we all fall off the wagon now and then I know I do, what's important though is you get up dust yourself off and move on.
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I fall, I sometimes fall for a few weeks. I fell right off during Christmas, and have been spotty since. The important thing is not to give up, but to keep coming back for more. I like the diagram of success, btw, that is EXACTLY what it's like!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Punch yourself in the face and get back to it.

There's no shame in it, we all do it sometimes.

tumblr_lxwpdnFV851rn3ie5o1_500.jpg

^^^
    THIS!

We all have these days. Sometimes we have whole weeks of this. The positive changes we are making don't just get reversed by a couple of bad meals. Take a deep breath, come up with an action plan, and choose to once again get back on track! :)

You can do it!