Losing inches and no weight

Options
So I lost two pounds the first two weeks I started watching what I eat and exercising. I haven't lost any more weight this past week but I have lost 3 and a half inches. If I'm losing inches thats losing fat right? I barely have fat sides any more it's just kinda chubby in my belly area still but it is improving. Should I be working out harder now or what? I work out about 6 days a week and burn anywhere from 300-600 calories per work out.

Replies

• paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    So I lost two pounds the first two weeks I started watching what I eat and exercising. I haven't lost any more weight this past week but I have lost 3 and a half inches. If I'm losing inches thats losing fat right? I barely have fat sides any more it's just kinda chubby in my belly area still but it is improving. Should I be working out harder now or what? I work out about 6 days a week and burn anywhere from 300-600 calories per work out.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would expect to lose inches at your weight ..your already pretty small to begin with ..so inches is a good thing it means your toning....Be Happy!!:flowerforyou:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am in your same boat...and our weight is very similar. I lost five pounds really quickly (started March 1st). I haven't lost any in the past week but I have lost two pounds off my waist and another two off my hips. My husband tells me that the scale is not my friend but measurements are more accurate because it shows that I am losing fat, so don't get discouraged! (I am also trying to not be!)
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options
    im not even close to your weight and i havent lost much if any lbs in the last two weeks but i measured myself and have lost about 4 or 5 inches off my thighs hips waist and biceps this past month. i was getting really discouraged till i re measured myself. my fiance always told me he could tell i was still toneing and losing fat even if i wasnt losing acctual pounds. i didnt belive him untill i measured myself. so dont be discouraged your looking fabulous!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    When I first started my diet and exercising for the first month I lost only inches (almost 12 minches in total) and maybe 2-3 lbs but now the weight is coming off more and more.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    this happens to a lot of people that I've trained, that's why I tell people to stay off the scale your weight is not the true measure of what kind of shape your in, some people add muscle fast.
    You look great keep up the good work
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone!! I don't really mind if I don't see the scale going down, I am just as happy with inches as long as my belly flab is still disappearing! :blushing: