High Calorie Breakfast Foods

Hi all,

I just started taking adderall and yesterday I only ate 500 calories, this is totally weird for me because I try very hard to always net 1200-1300. I KNOW this is unhealthy and this is why I am here... to ask for your help. I kept trying to force feed myself yesterday, but after a few bites I would feel so full. I am going to try to eat more healthy calorie dense things during the day.

In the morning I eat breakfast then take my pill, so the only meal the whole day that I have an appetite for is breakfast. I need some ideas to get 300-600 calories into my body for breakfast without it being a bunch of food, I can only eat so much. Also the only meat I like is chicken (no bacon, no ham). And I think I should still eat healthy, I am sure I can go to McD's and easily get a 600 calorie breakfast, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

I was thinking some sort of egg, cheese, avocado sandwich on whole wheat.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I know you aren't having much of an appetite after you take the medication, but what about making yourself a protein shake or other smoothie for lunch or dinner? It's an easy way to drink your calories. Even if you eat a big breakfast you still need sustenance for the rest of the day. There are a lot of ways to have a high calorie breakfast. Eggs cheese and avocado seem pretty good. You could have a high cal smoothie for breakfast. My protein shakes consist of almond milk, peanut butter, and protein powder. You can add just about anything to it to make it more or less caloric.

I hope that this side effect doesn't last too long though and you'll be able to go back to eating balanced meals again.
  • Hey,

My idea for you is to take a protein shake on mornings with your breakfast. If you go to your local GNC or Health Food store they can help you find the shake that's right for you. My shake is a Peanut Butter Chocolate ISO-brand shake, it has 46 vitamins/minerals per serving, 110 Calories per serving, and 1g of Fat. You can take these powders, get tons of energy and nutrients and add other items to it. Sometimes I add real peanut butter to my shake, or a banana.

Accompany this with a nice egg white and avocado sandwich with a lemon, salt & pepper dressing and you'll be energetic all day, get nutrients and the energy you need to get through the day =)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Ok I dont eat breakfast,but back in the day when I was doing bad things and would go long peirods of time without eating,I would drink those carnation instant breakfast things. It was a way to get something in me when food was not possible.
    Or maybe you cold look up some high calorie smoothie recipes,sometimes its easier to drink the calories
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Steak and eggs

Eggs and bacon

Belgian waffles topped with fresh fruit

5 egg cheese omlette
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    3 scrambled eggs (in butter or oil), whole wheat toast w/ butter and a big glass of milk is easily 600 calories. And some coffee with cream and sugar and you are golden.