Who would like to join?

Options
Well, as everyone knows, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Most of us will want to go to dinner that night and may end up making some bad decisions once faced with the menu. This is what I propose.....instead of doing the traditional going out to dinner for Valentine's Day (we all know the waits are ridiculous and the resturaunts are way too overcrowded) we either stay home and cook a nice nutritious and flavorful meal or pack a healthy picnic and go somewhere nice and just reflect on the day (either by yourself, with friends, children or significant other) I will definitely be doing this. No reason to go out for a romantic dinner, when I can have one at home, at a park or on the beach!

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    chances are this'll be my 11th? year being alone on Valentine's Day since elementary (you know when everyone is expected to give out cards to one another out of kindness). So chances are I'll be sitting in front of my laptop chugging protein shakes. I might cook a dinner but my siblings and mother and step father would probably eat it before I get the a plate made.

I'm thinking Chicken and Shrimp teriyaki stir-fry with a tone of veggies and brown rice.
  • JChalkski
    Options
    Instead of seeing this as a bad day and thinking of being alone, think of it as another day where you will have the time to focus your attention on yourself. Instead of just sitting in front of your laptop all night, go for a jog or walk, or get in an extra workout. Not having a significant other on Valentines Day isn't a big deal at all....instead of buying something for someone else, buy something for yourself. Go get a new workout outfit or new shoes or bag or something, anything (just not unhealthy food lol)