Stress eating....

Options
Any stress eaters on here or ex-stress eaters???

I am in like my last few semesters in the teaching program at my school and this semester I am doing 18hrs, which I have never did before. I also have application to turn in and like 2 or 3 licensing exams to take before the end of the summer. I have never been very good with stress and usually end up by the end of the day eating bad stuff like a big fat juicy hamburger or some candy. The minute I eat any of those things I just feel so much better and I know thats really bad.

Does anyone else deal with this?

Or has anyone dealt with it in the past and found some good ways to get past eat with out eating all the bad food.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Replies

• Michelle650
    Options
    O I hear ya!! I am ashamed to say it but........***My name is Michelle and Im a stress/binge eater!***

I am in my final year in school so as you can imagine im a super busy!! I am in school from 8.30am each morning until 4pm!! I am up at 5.45am most mornings to get some study in before school and I dont get to go to bed until around 11pm/11.30pm!! Im so tired all the time, grumpy and all I wanna do is EAT!!! Lifes not fair sometimes!! I got down to my lowest of 158lbs in early september! But yp until christmas I was gaining slowly and hit 163lbs! But from Christmas onwards until now I have been in binge overdrive and hit 170.4lbs today!! This scared me so I decided enough is enough and im trying my hardest to eat clean!
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a stress/emotional eater, but am trying to be more mindful.

First off, I notice I eat more throughout the day if I don't have a good breakfast, so I always try to eat a breakfast of about 350 calories.

If I do have fast food, I at least try to take it home and add something healthy to it-- a small salad, a sliced apple, etc.

As for snacking, I try to keep around things that I find yummy or can easily munch on-- like red grapes (I pre-pull them off the stems for easy snacking), cherries, pre-packed individual veggie trays w/ light ranch dip, nut mixes w/ raisins for something sweet, individual bag of healthy popcorn, Tootsie rolls or lollipops to satisfy chocolate cravings, and if I really must have chocolate then I choose a handful of dark-chocolate covered almonds.