Question about frequency of workouts

Options
Hi all! I need some advice. Currently I workout 3 times a week for 60min and burn 660 calories on an elliptical. I have lost 14lbs thus far, and it would appear this week I have not lost anything. So my question is do I up my total workout days to more? Any women who had 100+ lbs to loose/lost how often did you work out? Anyone's opinion is welcome, I just don't have a clue. I hope you all can help!

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If it is close to TOM, you probably are carrying some extra water weight. Three times a week should enough exercise if you are looking to lose weight.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I need some advice. Currently I workout 3 times a week for 60min and burn 660 calories on an elliptical. I have lost 14lbs thus far, and it would appear this week I have not lost anything. So my question is do I up my total workout days to more? Any women who had 100+ lbs to loose/lost how often did you work out? Anyone's opinion is welcome, I just don't have a clue. I hope you all can help!

Include some weight training, not just eliptical. Focus less on total bodyweight and use the mirror more. Just because your weight hasn't gone down doesn't mean you're not making progress.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    if your doing cario that should be fine, but you could also add a day or 2 of strength training. strength will burn calories all day long and muscle burns more then fat
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will indeed add some strength training. Any suggestions on reps/sets and what to do? I have not done weights in a very long time!!!!!
  • ConstanceYMCA
    ConstanceYMCA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need at least 30 minute everyday on the cardio at a med to high intensity. 3 days a week is good because of the 60 minutes but try not to count the warm up and cool down.