The Jan/Feb 30 Day Shred Group

Options
I thought I'd post here for all of us to meet up and discuss 30 day shred. If you've started in January and are goin to finish in February, feel free to post here. Let us know when you started, if you've seen a change yet, and how far into the program you are and what level you are on!

I started 2 days ago so am obviously on day 2 level 1! I'm very excited about the shred. I notice a difference from yesterday to today already in my endurance. My abs are killing me and my calves and such are sore! But I"m loving it. I"m also comining this with EA Active 2 for the Wii! <3

Replies

• sandyt627
    Options
    Today is day 8 of level 1 for me! I'm seeing a difference in my endurance. I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 off my hips in just that much time. I'm gonna weigh myself today then I'll be able to let everyone know if I've lost any pounds.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to start Monday! I will update as I get started!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to start Monday! I will update as I get started!
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 10 of level 1 today. Will be starting level 2. I haven't noticed any physical changes yet (I won't be retaking my measurements until the end). But at the end of the 10 days I was (am) able to do fulls pushups through each 30 seconds!! Woohoo! lol
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD but been very scared to try it, hoping to give it a shot tonight and see how it goes!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 17 Level 2 Day 8 today. I initally lost 2 lbs. gained it back (muscle, I hope) and lost the 2lbs. again. I have lost an inch and half on my waist and my hips, and an inch on my thighs! I've also been spinning once or twice a week, and doing some of the biggest loser DVDs when I have time. I'm trying hard to stay at or under my calorie goal.

I love Jillian and Bob! This is my 3rd time doing the Shred.....I did two rounds of it this summer. Good luck everyone!
  • sandyt627
    Options
    ok, so I'm only down to 159, but I attribute that to the fact that I weighed myself mid day instead of morning, AND I've been building lean muscle. I've lost inches, and muscle weighs more than fat. I've recorded all of my calories, so I know it's just the muscle building up. Can't wait to see what I've lost next week!
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    I just bought the DVD but been very scared to try it, hoping to give it a shot tonight and see how it goes!

Awesome. Did you get a chance to try it? Did you like it?

I'm letting breakfast settle then starting day 4!! Honestly I'm not seeing much of a weight loss with it just yet, and I didn't do any measuring with it, and I wish I would have. Hopefully I'll know at the end of the 30 days when my pants are too loose?
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Awesome. Did you get a chance to try it? Did you like it?

I'm letting breakfast settle then starting day 4!! Honestly I'm not seeing much of a weight loss with it just yet, and I didn't do any measuring with it, and I wish I would have. Hopefully I'll know at the end of the 30 days when my pants are too loose?

I just finished Day 1, Level 1 about 15 mins ago, I cannot move! It did go by faster than I thought though, and I didn't feel any pain till I actually finished. I feel so burned out I love it, just need to get HRM to see how many calories I actually burned. I did some measuring yesterday and planning to do so once a week to see the difference!
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am starting now!! wooo hooo!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just did my first day of Level 2 literally five minutes ago!
    You can see my Level 1 results in my pictures :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/13793694
    No change on the scale, but maybe a difference in the pictures?
    It's hard for me to tell since I'm my toughest critic.

I was hoping to get better results, but I don't have all that much to lose initially so maybe that contributes.

Regardless, good luck to everyone :)
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 of Level 3 for me - I did the full 10 days for Level 1 and only 9 days on Level 2, even though a couple of the moves still KILLED me (mostly the chair squats with arms raises) I wanted a change. Level 3 is amazing, so tough, yet so effective. Throughout all of this I've gained a couple of lbs (not surprised from what I've read) and not lost inches BUT I've got abdominal muscles popping out that I didn't know I had, and my thighs are getting a lot tighter and more defined. On top of that my endurance is amazing, and I have so much energy! I was bouncing off the walls yesterday afternoon. I haven't felt sore at all, I feel like the warm up and cool down are pretty effective for how short they are. Good luck to everyone, I am so hooked on Jillian dvd's now! I've got 6 Week Six Pack lined up and ready to go when I finished the 30 Day Shred :D I am more and more motivated the more I see results...
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD tonight. Starting tomorrow! Going to take measurements and photos!! I'm hoping for great results!
  • choccay
    choccay Posts: 32
    Options
    I started day 1 of level 2 today.
    I haven't noticed too much of a difference yet, but I'm not sure if it's because I don't do them every day (about 3-4 times a week usually).
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do the workout dvd AND exercise more after? I just feel like 20 minutes isn't enough....
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do the workout dvd AND exercise more after? I just feel like 20 minutes isn't enough....

I usually do the DVD first thing in the morning. Then I'll hit the gym afterwards.. What I do at the gym varies depending on the day, but I usually workout for at least another hour. I agree- 20 minutes isn't enough at all!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am currently on level 2 of the 30 day shred I posted some pics in my blog last week of my progress:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/xonicolette

I look even better now and lost even more inches. I've lost about 5 lbs so far. I am also doing 6 week 6 pack along with the 30DS too.
  • sandyt627
    Options
    I will take a 20-30 minute walk about 3 times a week afterwords, but I usually just do the 30 ds. I do it during my son's nap, and sometimes I need to spend more time with him than work out more. I do take him when I go for walks and he enjoys that. I also work full time, so it can be hard to fit in everything before I go to work.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 19 (L2 D9) today ( I've skipped a few days as I've managed to develop sore swollen ankles. Havent seen much physics change yet (gained a few lbs but I'm not V concerned about that) but I do feel stronger. Heres hoping level 3 will yield some physical results!