What to do in these types of situations?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    that's silly to be so worried about (maybe) offending someone else that you would 1> eat something you don't even LIKE and 2>eat something that is bad for you and you normally stay away from. Who are you living for here? besides now you just trained them that when they want to stop for sausage mcmuffins to always get you one too because you like and eat them =)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Flip the situation around - what if you had brought in breakfast for the group, say something healthy like fat free yogurt parfaits, and one of the folks simply hated the taste of yogurt. Would you expect them to eat it anyway and be offended if they didn't? Or would their recognition that you went out of your way and thought of them make you happy?

exactly, I don't get why someone would be so upset if one of the muffins were to be declined.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know this is from the opposite side of the spectrum, but because I have been in your situation before, when I go to get food I will sometimes ask my coworkers if they would like anything. If they say no thanks I don't push it. I think that is how people should be considerate IMHO. :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your coworker would understand.

what I would probably do it nibble at it, very slowly, then once the spotlight is off, just toss it out.
    OR, offer seconds to someone!

there's ways to be appreciative while still declining :)

you could say, "that's very sweet of you! I'm not a huge fan so if someone wants seconds, let me know!"

I feel corny haha but really, just speak your mind politely. you don't have to feel guilty.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    sausage and biscuit?
    Over here a biscuit is what you call a cookie, what's a biscuit?
    I'm still reeling from my son telling me he had sweet pancakes on the same plate as bacon when he was working with Camp America last summer.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    sausage and biscuit?
    Over here a biscuit is what you call a cookie, what's a biscuit?
    I'm still reeling from my son telling me he had sweet pancakes on the same plate as bacon when he was working with Camp America last summer.

A biscuit is like an english muffin

http://www.hardees.com/system/product_photos/180/medium/H_SausageBiscut_Menu.png?1285096307
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot I made this post! Thank you soo much guys, love your advice I am surprised I didn't think of some but thank you all soo much!
  • LaComadreja14
    Options
    The two ideas I think I will be using are nibbling if I happen to be hungry or saying I've already eaten. Usually I wouldn't be so worried about offending anyone but as I said it's a small office, were all friends and the girl who brought breakfast is also one of my closest friends. Like I said, she supports my weight loss objective but I know that she (who we nicknamed "mom") worries that I don't eat enough (I am on a med that decreases appetite) because I very rarely eat breakfast and a lot of the time I'm not hungry for lunch either. I know it's only making weight loss a harder goal to achieve but I generally get queasy when I eat too early. I've been on these Meds for 3 yrs and the loss of appetite had been wearing away, but so were the other affects of the Meds. They upped my Mgs and I have the occasional hungry morning and only a few hungry lunchtimes, however with the help of our office mom I've been able to force myself to eat lunch more often. Which is good because according to my diet diary, I am under calories everyday. Anyway, thank u all for your input and I *think* I answered all the questions :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the "No thank you". They will deal with their hurt feelings if any, I don't see why anyone would be so upset over a "no thank you".

There are many people who do get offended..... which is why I dont associate with people like that anymore...
  • LaComadreja14
    Options
    I honestly don't know if "No, thank you." would offend my friends. I have never tried a simple no thank you... I guess it comes from family, I don't want to name names because this is a public forum but there are members of my family who had a hand in raising me who would see no thank you as an insult especially when it comes to food. I guess I still have a notion that it's insulting so I don't think to use it. Silly, I know :/
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Especially if its someone who you are close to, a simple no thankyou should be totally acceptable. If you dont feel that close to them, they you shouldnt worry about offending them. Regardless, it should be ok to say no thankyou