Tired of thinking about food

Options
From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. It's not necessarily the fact that I want to eat...it's WHAT to eat. It has almost become an obsession with me.

Typical thoughts of food during the day.....

"Ok....I can have this for breakfast, but what will I have for a snack?? Well, I had this for a snack so I can't have this for lunch. I'm hungry now...what should I have for another snack , but its kind of early..is it ok?? Dinner....this has too many calories, what can I do to make it more healthy??? Ut oh..I just had a piece of a cookie, now I can't eat for the rest of the night."

Anyone else as nutty as me?? :grumble: (please..let there be at least one person:blushing: )

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. It's not necessarily the fact that I want to eat...it's WHAT to eat. It has almost become an obsession with me.

Typical thoughts of food during the day.....

"Ok....I can have this for breakfast, but what will I have for a snack?? Well, I had this for a snack so I can't have this for lunch. I'm hungry now...what should I have for another snack , but its kind of early..is it ok?? Dinner....this has too many calories, what can I do to make it more healthy??? Ut oh..I just had a piece of a cookie, now I can't eat for the rest of the night."

Anyone else as nutty as me?? :grumble: (please..let there be at least one person:blushing: )
  • AlisonEva
    Options
    Hiya,

yeah I'm totally the same, it consumes every waking thought, honestly. It's kinda good though, i think, keeps you on track. I've only started, only on day 4, so I'm hoping by my weigh in check that something good has happened. Though have a confession, just had to chunks of chocolate, had to had a low sugar headache. Feel ok now!!
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • jmec
    jmec Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sit down Sunday night and plan out my entire menu for the next week.
    That way I'm not constantly thinking ..."what can/should I eat" , "will I have enough calories for dinner?", etc.
    It does take a bit of time, especially when I have to figure out calorie counts for recipes but it saves me tons of time/frustration during the week.
    If you don't want to try a whole week in advance, why not try just a day in advance?
  • nikii14
    Options
    Whew...ok ...there is at least one person. I feel a bit better now:tongue::laugh: :tongue:
  • nikii14
    Options
    I sit down Sunday night and plan out my entire menu for the next week.
    That way I'm not constantly thinking ..."what can/should I eat" , "will I have enough calories for dinner?", etc.
    It does take a bit of time, especially when I have to figure out calorie counts for recipes but it saves me tons of time/frustration during the week.
    If you don't want to try a whole week in advance, why not try just a day in advance?

Great idea...and I have tried it, however, I noticed that sometimes I am not in the mood for that particular food so I won't eat it and that causes a bit of a problem. So if I pack it for lunch and Im not craving it, I just won't eat...then i stuff my face when I get home.....UGH
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I'm the same way. I think I posted a topic on it a reeeeeeeally long time ago. Good Luck :)
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Yes....misery loves company. I just had coffee with a girlfriend and had to substitue my lunch for the 2:30 coffee meet. Guess that will be my lunch?! I hear ya on that. But....the good news is my spare tire isn't hanging over the jeans as much today. Enjoy the ride with us Geeeezzers.:laugh:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i agree with planning ahead. and i think about food all the time too! what has helped me is to have certain things be the same all the time and thus limit my variables and need to think.
    my breakfast is always the same, my lunch rotates around a few options, and my 3 o'clock snack is what i'm now working on. i will put a few options into a rotation. then that just leaves dinner and on good weeks i plan ahead for the whole week or like this week, just a day ahead.

i know...quite a ramble. suffice to say that i keep some parts mostly the same to simplify it. hth :flowerforyou:
  • kangat
    kangat Posts: 1
    Options
    I think about food and working out constantly as well. I think as time goes on you get a feel for what meals you repeat and what works and what doesn't so you will eventually spend less time with it. I agree with the planning, even one day in advance is great!
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I always plan dinner the night before. I've got three young kids and don't want them to think the whole "dieting" concept is how life is supposed to be, so I plan dinner ahead so that we're all still sitting down for the kinds of meals they're used to. I'm trying to make the meals healthier without sacrificing what my family enjoys about the meal. Doing dinner ahead of time makes it easier to figure out breakfast and lunch. I also find that doing it this way helps if I'm on the run during the day, then I know what I can safely add to my day without worrying about what I'm gonna do for dinner because I already ate all of my calories.

Good luck figuring out what's gonna work for you!