PLEASE HELP! Calories, exercise and WINE

Options
Hello,

I started on this site about 3 weeks ago. When I enter my food and daily workouts, myfitnesspal is showing I am needing to consume about 400 calories more a day. I am set at 1200 calories per day and burn about 300-400 a day working out. Am I not eating enough? I am frustrated because I have been working out very hard and keeping up on myfitnesspal every day. This week I actually gained a pound!l I realize that most people underestimate their calorie intake and over-estimate what they burn so I try to add a little extra calories to what I eat and lower what I burn- just a little in hopes to account for the over/underestimates.

My other question is how bad is wine for dieting? I cook every night and measure out my 5 oz of wine- I include these calories as well but can alcohol prevent me from weight loss?

Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I have wine and log it in it reflects about 70 calories for 5oz. of Zinfandel (no afienado here). I don't think one glass would hurt a few times a week. However, everyone is different. If you are running into a wall try a few days without wine and see what happens. Also, it is about making the calories you are consuming count and work for you. Alcohol isn't adding anything nutrionally for your body to work with. If you are excercising a lot, you may be needing more protein. Good proteins like almond butter, avocados, eggs, plain greek yogurt. Or perhaps more whole grains and leafy green vegetables. I had problems adding calories without blowing past limits set on the site for sodium, fat, and sugar. I had to add brown rice, veg, etc. These tend to add calories, but not "cost" me too much in the fats, sugars, sodium. I'm still learning though. Hopefully there are some suggestions.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you burn 300-400 calories a day, you need to eat 1500-1600 calories a day to get 1200 calories net!
  • elynch96
    elynch96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!