Suggestions for staying on track while on vacation!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm going on vacation to see family and already know they want to go out to restaurants and cook for us. I want to make sure that I go with the mindset that this is a vacation, but not from my goals. I'm trying to come up with a plan to stick to goals while out of my normal routine. I used to think vacation was an opportunity to over-indulge, and would always gain weight in the past. I would welcome any suggestions or words of wisdom. This will be my first extended vacation and need all the help I can get.

Replies

• CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just went through this for Christmas. I was gone for 7 days and I ate out every.single.day.

The trick is to make sure you make good choices, exercise if you can, and when you eat out, have what you want, but leave most of it on the plate or take home as leftovers.

I lost a pound that week when I got home and this was after eating Christmas cookies, homefries (every day), perogies, mashed potatoes etc.

I was able to eat the foods I wanted, I just had smaller portions.

At the restaurants we went to, I tried to pick the foods I knew had lower calories, but if something like the homefries were on the plate, I just ate a few bites so I didn't feel like I was missing out.

YOU can do this. Just make good choices and scale back when you can IF you know you're going to indulge somewhere!