Any women over 45 looking to connect?

Options
Would like to connect with women over 45 who need a bit of a push and motivation. No offense intended, but I don't want to friend any men because I have my husband at home for that.:wink:

The things that used to work don't work as well anymore, and there are all of the other struggles that come with this age.:frown:

And I also don't have a lot of time for chit chat so some of the groups don't quite work.

So if you would like to friend another woman who will give you a cheer and an occasional kick in the butt (and wants the same in return), please friend me!

Replies

• winningb450
    winningb450 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am almost 49, have been working out 6 days a week for the last 6 mos and have only lost 27 pds. I dropped 6 inches off my waist, so I should be happy, but my friend, who has been doing the same thing has lost 47 pds! I am an emotional eater and suffer from bouts of depression along with menopause,,,ugh! So, sometimes I over do it on the portion sizes and blow it! I would love to be able to talk to other women who have similar problems and or tips and recipes to share :smile: :smile:
  • stoneless123
    Options
    hi just joined today! I could be gone by next week if I don't get the push and the kick in the butt! so i'll be your 'pal' if you want. I love my 'tea and toast'. :drinker: I am 47 this year and it does get harder!! In a previous lifetime I was an aerobic junkie and now I try and go for quick cycle and dust my walking machine for exercise! lol! :ohwell:
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and know what you mean. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. Can never have too much support.
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I'm 53! :)
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i'm "49 and holding" (till feb.), i too am an emotional eater. feel free to add me as a friend too. i really welcome the "kicks in the butt" - that keeps me on track and i love to give out support.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hey, Would love to connect. I am 52 years old and finding it harder to lose a few pounds. Finding that I have to be diligent and almost obsessive.
  • wmcagirl
    wmcagirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: Not quite 45, only 41 but would love to gain some more support !! Add me if you want

Jennifer
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi i am aged 45, from Scotland, uk. I shall send you a friends request.
  • steponeast
    steponeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. During the work week I'm so good at tracking, eating right & exercising. I think that's becasue I plan the whole week on Sunday. But I never plan weekends which is my downfall. I joined Sept or Oct of last year but didn't track every day then came the holidays. I'm back for good now and need to be honest with myself why I'm not losing as much weight as I should. I could use the extra kick too so friend me if you'd like & we'll keep each other honest.
  • janetteg123
    Options
    Hi add me. I'm 48 and need lots of pushing! Want to lose about 20lbs but finding it hard. Doing exercise 3 times a week but doesn't seem enough. (why didn't I listen to my mum when she said it gets harder to lose weight after 40?)

Think I'm having /had menopause-does that make a difference to weight loss?
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Also 50-something, all same as above. Feel free to add me! lets fight the good fight...!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am great during the week. Saturday and Sunday not so good.
  • clgknapp
    clgknapp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I so get it! Yes.. connect me, I am old enough at the ripe age of 5-0! I just got started and have a long way to go!

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • clgknapp
    clgknapp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any interesting ladies over 45 who want to friend me too.. send an invite. I am 50, living in Iowa, have our first granddaughter on the way, due in the spring, have two daughters ages 12 and 10 still at home, work way to many hours at a desk and don't workout enough. Have 80 pounds to lose and just got started.

My name is Cheryl, but I also go by "CK"

I really like this flower smiley.

:flowerforyou:
  • mycruiser23
    Options
    Hi all I'm just about to turn 48 and previously never found it hard to loose any weight but now I am struggling to loose any weight but have found this a good tool to support me, so yes connect me...

15631276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi MyCruiser23, just turned 49 in December and would be glad to become one more of your MFPals.

I hear you on the menopausal issue. Just doesn't want to come off as easily anymore. Gained my 'last' 20 since 2006 and finally had enough. Joined MFP last September.

I'll be glad to back you up.
    -Elke in Missouri

PS, anyone else here looking for Pals, I'd be glad to connect with you as well
  • pamvosh
    Options
    Hi, I am over 50 and been doing the meno thing since 2004 and I am ready for it to be over!! I love MFP because it makes me accountable. I don't chit chat much either but could use the WOO HOOS! once in a while. And will gladly give them back!
  • mariesmela
    Options
    I am well over 45, I am 62, but have the same needs and wants. have been on MFP for awhile. Slipped over the holidays. I was going to curves 4 days a week. Have lost 27 inches total and 17 pounds. Now that the new year has started I know I need that push or like you said that kick in the butt. I am a pretty good healthy eater. But sure need that motivation to get up off my butt and exercise.
    Friend me if you like I think we can both help each other out.
  • LMcNeal86
    LMcNeal86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! 48 and going strong! :) I lost 30 pounds last year; looking to lose another 5 pounds and it's going to be tough. I'm using the ap to get a better idea of what I'm putting in my mouth versus exercise. Please feel free to add me!!

Lisa
    My good friends call me Li or Leese!

:flowerforyou:
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi, im 46 and i know how much more difficult it is to lose weight as you get older. Feel free to add me, and good luck! x