losing weight

baileysmommy
baileysmommy Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm on a diet of 1,200 cals per day and do an hour of cardio a day plus weight training. I hardly ever eat all the cals I'm allowed a day (after the exercise has been added in). I've been exercising for about 3 weeks and the diet thing for about a week. I've lost 5 pounds, is that losing at a good rate or should more be coming off?

Replies

• I'm on a diet of 1,200 cals per day and do an hour of cardio a day plus weight training. I hardly ever eat all the cals I'm allowed a day (after the exercise has been added in). I've been exercising for about 3 weeks and the diet thing for about a week. I've lost 5 pounds, is that losing at a good rate or should more be coming off?
  • staceyg
    staceyg Posts: 10 Member
    I wouldn't worry about the 5 pounds. The fact you are weight training sounds like you are putting on muscle. More will come off in time - muscle helps you burn fat. If you haven't taken measurements, I would suggest that. Even if your weight isn't dropping off, I would think your measurements would be going down.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm on a diet of 1,200 cals per day and do an hour of cardio a day plus weight training. I hardly ever eat all the cals I'm allowed a day (after the exercise has been added in). I've been exercising for about 3 weeks and the diet thing for about a week. I've lost 5 pounds, is that losing at a good rate or should more be coming off?
    5lbs in three weeks is right on point ...1-2lbs per week is average
This discussion has been closed.