Healthier Salad dressing?

Options

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ranch is worth every last calorie!!!

but!! Maple Grove Farms of Vermont has a wonderful line of all natural, low cal dressings. I am in love with their all natural chemical free Asiago and Garlic Dressing and at 40 calories for 2 tablespoons I can afford to drench my salad with its yummy goodness.

WOW - GOOD NEWS!! Thanks!! I'm in love with their Sugar-Free Syrup :)
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms has dressings made with yogurt - their ranch is DELISH, and only 45 calories for a 2tbsp serving!! :smile:
  • blt2445
    Options
    Bolthouse salad dressings are awesome! They are in the refrigerated section at the grocery store by the produce. Most of their dressings are only 60 calories and they have flavors like blue cheese and ranch. My favorite is the parmesan! Yummy!
  • Balsamic vinaigrette,
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I try and make my own salad dressing or you could go without like my two boys do ever sense they were little they never put it on their salads and if they go somewhere and it comes with it on they will eat every piece that doesn’t contain dressing. But if you are someone who doesn’t have the time to make their own or can't stand to eat a salad without dressing read the labels close and compare them. It is a pain but it is something one must do if they are watching what they do. Going out request it on the side and dip never pour onto your salad, if you can try and only use 2 tablespoons of dressing that is why a little saucer comes in handy you can pour just the right amount and dip your salad. Good Luck to you.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Anny's has a good dressing line, but I prefer to make my own, and most times just use balsamic vinegar or one of Nakano's seasoned rice vinegars. No oil at all.
  • TXredneck2000
    Options
    I personally like the salad spritzers from Wishbone, for 2 reasons: 1) I like that's it's low cal & low fat & 2) I don't use alot of dressing on my salads cuz I like the tastes of the veggies & whatever else I put on it like chicken, so the spritzers is just enough to make my salads "wet".
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I use Maple Grove of Vermont Fat Free Balsalmic Viniagrette (15 cal/2 TBSP) or their Sugar Free/Fat Free Raspberry Viniagrette (5 cal/2 TBSP). Yummy!

I love the raspberry!
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I have no clue where I should be posting this but what are some yummy salad dressings that are low cal? I love ranch but its very high calorie. :( Any suggestions are welcome.

The Ranch spritzer is supper yummy. It is only a calorie per spritz! I find it at Wal-Mart
  • losingtwenty4miami
    Options
    Make your own!!!! It's so much cheaper, tastes better and SUPER low in calories & sodium b/c you're not putting all that extra mess in it.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Balsamic Vinaigrette. I also love love love Annie's Raspberry Vinaigrette! It's like 40 calories for 2 tbsp and I only usually need one. I have also tried just squezzed lemon and that was pretty good as well!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I really really like wishbone salad spritzers.
    The ranch one is only 15cals for 10 pumps.

^^^
    This is what I use! :happy:
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    someone mentioned walden farms. they make a good zero calorie ranch. also bolthouse has a yogurt based ranch dressing that i prefer b/c it doesn't use eggs.

i normally make my own dressing with 3/4 olive oil and 1/4 balsamic vinagrette with added seasonings. i make just a little and shake everything up in a container so that the dressing covers everything.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i also love to dump my chili on my salad :) no dressing required then...

or if i mix in chicken, a tad bit of cheese, nuts, other stuff that has flavor, there is no need for dressing

i much rather add in filling/nutritional calories in place of calories from nonfilling/nonnutritional salad dressing that only serves for flavoring
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love Marie's Yogurt dressings; they have just a fraction of the calories of a regular dressing.

My favorite is the Yogurt Feta Cheese!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    For ranch, I really like this recipe: http://cravingchronicles.com/2010/05/07/low-fat-ranch-dressing/

For vinaigrettes,I have a zillion different combos I like. The Cooking Light 'How to Make a Basic Vinaigrette' guide will tell you everything you need to know to invent all kinds of dressing: http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/techniques/how-to-make-vinaigrette-recipes-00412000067320/
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am a creamier dressing person... I can do olive oil/vinegar sometimes, but I love Newman's own Honey Mustard that is light. It is so good on salad or to dip veggies or chicken in!!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love the Raspberry Vinagrette that is made with Olive Oil.
  • swood0114
    Options
    Newman's Own light sesame ginger!
  • swood0114
    Options
    Oh and guacamole... if you measure it out it can become a part of your dinner with the heart healthy fats!
    You can make a taco salad so easily with lean ground turkey, guacamole, light greek yogurt, and salsa... and a little cheese if you can afford it ;)