Ahh!! Burning tongue!

Options
Is balsamic vinegar a dressing for salad? I thought for sure it was, but I just had it on my spinach salad and my tongue is burning and I feel nauseous from it! HAHAHA....

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love vinegar so I've never had that issue! lol.... When I was younger I used to drown my salads and fries in various vinegars.

Mix it with a healthy oil like olive oil..... not sure if you did that or not but it makes it sooo much better! Adds some calories and fat but they are healthy fats if you choose the right oil.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It should not do that. Is it fresh?

Trader Joe's sells amazing balsamic vinegar for a great price, and it is wonderful on salads!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    It has been in my fridge for about 2 maybe 3 months...maybe it did go bad? I WAS ILL! LOL.
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    Well, it's probably not good to eat plain (I guess you could, but it would be very strong)...now, balsamic vinaigrette is a good dressing, which is balsamic vinegar mixed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and various other things depending on what flavor you're going for.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    I used flavored balsamic vinegars. I am currently using a cherry balsamic form the Pampered Chef and I love it, but a little goes a long way. Also it needs to be stored in a dark dry place