not sure where to post this... help for a friend trying to g

Options
hiya.. a friend of mine is trying to gain healthy weight. She is 116lbs and 5ft7inches which is underweight. Are there people here trying to gain weight as well? Is this a good site for her? I figured she could keep track of her calories here.

Replies

• cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hiya.. a friend of mine is trying to gain healthy weight. She is 116lbs and 5ft7inches which is underweight. Are there people here trying to gain weight as well? Is this a good site for her? I figured she could keep track of her calories here.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think there are a few around, mostly men from what I've seen. Of course she can use this site though, basically all she has to do is eat more and she'll put on weight. It'll be nice for her to track her food though, so she can see where her nutrients are coming for and ensure she's making healthy choices :flowerforyou:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm sure it would help...she could see on each meal how many calories she has eaten. Does she snack all day or eat 3 meals a day....or does she just not eat?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If there isnt a group Im sure she could create one...just start a thread and Im sure members will come good luck!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it would help...she could see on each meal how many calories she has eaten. Does she snack all day or eat 3 meals a day....or does she just not eat?

She eats... I spent all day with her on Friday and she ate about the same as I did. Maybe my eating habits rubbed off on her that day :bigsmile: . she is a little too active though... always running around doing something. Kinda reminds me of my 2 year od niece.
  • ACMEFit
    ACMEFit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will help. Keeping track to make sure she is eating extra protein in order to gain more muscle rather than fat is always a good idea. Suggest to her Oxygen magazine (lots of diet pill adds though) and Clean Eating. Also, weight training keeping her rep range at 8 to 10 per exercise so that the last rep is her max. That will help a lot.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    i know there are a few people on here trying to gain.
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I had a friend growing up who was always trying to gain weight and muscle...in the end I think it came with age and him eating more protein and weight lifting. I'm no expert though. Good luck to your friend and hope she finds the healthy medium for herself. I'm sure it can be equally as frustrating! Best of luck!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    you can actually set up your calorie settings so it will tell you how many calories you need to eat to gain weight, and it will help her see a break down of where her calories should come from to be healthy. She can also take into account her daily activity if she's a really on the go person. while keeping weight on is a problem I'd love to have, I know it can be as frustrating as wanting to lose. Good luck to your friend!