hCG Diet...

Options
1235»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Goodness! Take it down already! PLEASE! I didn't mean to cause all this havoc! I want to defend what I was looking for but I'm not going to try anymore.

I WILL NOT DO THE HCG DIET PEOPLE

Even though I keep getting messages in my inbox of success stories... people are afraid to post on here because they a afraid of being attacked!

I repeat I WILL NOT DO THE HCG DIET PEOPLE

Geeeeze!

You can report it to the mods if you want it deleted. Don't sweat it, no one will remember tomorrow :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Why is this garbage still up? If mods are going to take down the fun threads, they should remove this trash too.

You have to report it for them to know it's here. They're not mind-readers. AND they're volunteers with other jobs. So do that...

:laugh: Amen!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Why is this garbage still up? If mods are going to take down the fun threads, they should remove this trash too.

You have to report it for them to know it's here. They're not mind-readers. AND they're volunteers with other jobs. So do that...

:laugh: Amen!

I mean, I did......... :wink:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Goodness! Take it down already! PLEASE! I didn't mean to cause all this havoc! I want to defend what I was looking for but I'm not going to try anymore.

Even though I keep getting messages in my inbox of success stories... people are afraid to post on here because they a afraid of being attacked!

Geeeeze!
    You should be glad that people care enough to tell you it's bad.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You should be glad that people care enough to tell you it's bad.

That's really true....:flowerforyou: I'm not taking it as attacking you, really. I haven't tried it, but just after hearing some of the horror stories, I never would. On MFP, most people (yeah, most...) really DO care about others well-beings. They just want to see you succeed in being HEALTHY, that's all. :wink:
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I personally know two women that I work with who tried it...worked great and they lost alot at first....but if you go off it for even a day and barely eat...you'll gain weight...so you have to stay on that nonstop to keep weight off. I think it's very unhealthy and not realistic.:happy:
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    haha....people want to delete the threads?? My goodness
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Geeeeze!

pinkie promise? LOL

I'M MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! stick your head out the window and shout three times (probably burn a few calories and feel better!)
  • lysistrataNix
    lysistrataNix Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    While it's still up, I had a friend who did the diet. She lost 14lbs then she went off the diet, she had thyroid issues, metabolism issues, and now she has a gluten allergy and guess what she gained all the weight back and more. She used to be smaller that me and now she's WAY heavier than me.

Losing weight the old fashioned way isn't fun and easy, if it was we'd all be thin. Just eat better nutritious meals and exercise. It may come off slowly but it will come off and stay off.

Good Luck
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I love the non-scientific shallow logic of today's fad diets. ie: Cavemen were lean. They ate like X, If you eat like X, you will be lean, because cavemen were lean. QED. Placenta helps babies grow and be healthy. It's all they need nutrient-wise. Therefore, it's cool for an adult to eat that too, and that's all you need nutrient-wise. QED. etc.etc.

Fad diets rely on the "confirmation bias" (google it)-- a bias in favor of interpreting evidence in favor of pre-existing beliefs (ie: I can lose weight if only I ....), and other constraints that make us more willing to believe things that we otherwise wouldn't.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I know right, one of my threads was deleted yesterday where the mod didn't even READ the article linked, and it wasn't actually breaking any rules, but this blatant ****e is still up?
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I know people who have tried it, and I have done it myself. Unless you have a lot of weight to lose, do not do it!!! If your just looking to lose 20-30lbs it's not worth it. I think it takes longer than what the HCG diet is to train your body and trick your metabolism into changing. It will give you results, but everyone I know eventually gained the weight back faster than what it took to lose it! One lady I know lost about 100lbs and she has managed to keep it off, but she was on the diet for months and months.

I recommend hard work.............Exercise, and eating right. The weight will stay off longer and you'll feel better being in shape and not just skinney!
  • deenaputzierhansen
    Options
    do it do it do it. i have done all my homework on it, bad and good studies. i did it and it was great, i kept the weight off, while on it i felt better than i ever have, get advice from every body but i wouldent listen to any one who hasent tryed it. yes you will gain the weight back if you eat like crazy afterward but it you fallow what your sapposed to do after the shot period you wont gain it back. beleve me its not easy but it is worth it, if you read up on hcg you will find nutrition wise its not bad.its a great kick start to any diet and nutrition plan. if you decide to do it i promise that if you fallow the after plan you will look and feel great.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I did try it. I did drop some weight quickly but I was miserable and constantly starving. They say you aren't supposed to be hungry but I gave up in about 3 days b/c of this
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ugh...

The **** is illegal, the diet is dangerous and no matter what it 'teaches' your body, you need to eat more than that.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Paula Deen made chocolate peanut butter pudding today.
  • mommosskinny
    Options
    LauraLou, Evidentally the HCG diet has some real health risks. You were probably right to be skeptical. Last week, the FDA yanked the HCG diet off the market because the health risks. Anyone administering that program now is in violation of the law. Eating small frequent meals is the best, safest way I've found to lose weight. Be sure to do your research before you begin anything!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.