Newbie :) Going on 30 with 80-100 lbs to lose. Need friends

Options
Hey everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. I am 29 years old and live in Minnesota. I am starting to get back on track with trying to get healthy! I started using MFP 2 weeks ago and have lost already 6 lbs. I also just joined a gym today though have been working on my elliptical at home. I am looking to lose 80-100 lbs. I love to cook, love to discuss healthy foods, exercise routines and all that so would LOVE to find some other people in similar situations that would like to be my friend and keep the motivation rotation going :) Thanks

14325121.png

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. Everyone is here to answer your questions. Just log on and ask.:drinker:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP yoru home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far love, I'm looking to lose around the same amount... feel free to add me x
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining! It's the best move I ever made!! :happy: Always happy to make new friends and give them as much support as possible, so feel free to add me. Good luck :smile:
  • britlem
    britlem Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • juwill33
    juwill33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. I am 29 years old and live in Minnesota. I am starting to get back on track with trying to get healthy! I started using MFP 2 weeks ago and have lost already 6 lbs. I also just joined a gym today though have been working on my elliptical at home. I am looking to lose 80-100 lbs. I love to cook, love to discuss healthy foods, exercise routines and all that so would LOVE to find some other people in similar situations that would like to be my friend and keep the motivation rotation going :) Thanks

14325121.png

I am from MN Also...feel free to add me!! I am wanting to lose about that much also..maybe more!!
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    Those are great tips! Putting them on my fridge...thanks!
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.

Great Tips...putting them on my fridge...thanks!!
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!! feel free to add me !!
  • j1ne
    j1ne Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: Good Luck
  • lorigreg
    Options
    Hi Newbie: I'm really depending on this site. I'm 54 and have tried diets to just gain all the weight back plus more. However, I remember, when my children were young and I was younger, :-), there was a time that I counted calories and I lost weight and kept it off. So, I am truly believing in this site. What I like is that I can actually see where I have gone wrong, where I have done right and where I will be in 5 weeks if I continue as I am. I somehow need a kick in the butt though, to get into the exercising. That is where I am not motivated. I get home from work and look at the housework, etc., and just never get to the exercising. I can't afford a gym, or exercise equipment and it is too cold in MA right now at night. I need to get my butt in gear to exercise in the house.
  • jbailey14
    jbailey14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 29 years old as well and my goal is to be out of plus sizes by my 30th birthday. I would like to lose about 100 pounds (possibly more, but we'll see). I have already lost 7 pounds using MFP. I love it here!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love more people to talk to about healthy cooking. I've recently started taking photos of all my new healthy recipes and posting them on my FB.

I look forward to talking to you. Congrats on the loss!
  • cark2020
    Options
    Hi this is Dr.Karthik. Being in a sedentary lifestyle profession, added up weight so much.. 109.8kgs.. Joined gym and started dieting for 3 days.. Joined MFP today. Want to gain muscle and loose fat... Looks great app.. Hope will be joyful to watch losing weight and getting fit with others.. let's rock

ADD ME

THANKS all the best
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    10. Smile.

Well said.... thank u... ur post is so motivating!! :)
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, also. :smile: I'm your neighbor (Iowa) and need to lose over 100 lbs. I turn 34 this summer and would love to be at my goal weight (and holding) by the time I turn 35.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great tool to have! Good luck to you. And speaking from personal experience it can be done.
  • Happiness29
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :) I am also 29 and need to lose @ 80lbs. I want to be "Thin by 30" :0)
  • MisbehavedMeg
    Options
    Hi! This is actually my first post on my first day here on MFP. I saw your post and knew I needed to post. I am also newly 29 and need to loose about the same amount of weight. I am thinking of joining weight watchers to help give me a support group and meet new people to walk with. I hope we can be weight loss buddies here. :)
  • paigeyleigh
    paigeyleigh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses!! I have found myself relating to a lot of you. I turn 30 in December so that is also a huge goal of mine to be HEALTHIER then and happy. I sent some friend requests and welcome anyone else to friend me as well. I am hoping that being able to talk about it with others going through the same thing will keep me on the right path :)
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump