The joys of women and upper arm fat

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It's just about losing fat over all. My upper arms are the second to last place I lose weight (the last being my post baby tummy).
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    YOGA.

Specifically the poses that translate to what's called Downward-facing dog post and Upward-facing dog pose. Those really work the arms.

Was going to say this but he beat me to it! I've been doing yoga for about 3 months and my arms (and legs, and abs!) are noticeably more toned.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    I find combat style classes really good for working my arms, punching and that kind of thing helps to tone the different muscles of the arms, but in a class setting with music and kicks and jumps etc you also get the cardio going which helps burn loads of calories. I think strength exercises are also great, because they make your arm hard so you can tense it and it won't be giggly. There are tonnes of exercises you can do with weights or using bodyweight, just do a combo of moves to hit all the muscles.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. You can do curls all day, but if you dont rid the fat, it'll still jiggle. Cardio + moderate caloric deficit will do the trick.

I agree - but I've heard that before and after you do cardio if you work in some specific arm workouts, it will definitely assist in toning that specific area

You have to do all three, cardio, caloric deficit, and strength training.

I agree. No such thing as spot reduction. In order to get rid of the flab, you have to lose body fat which entails cardio, weight lifting and clean eating. MUSCLE BURNS FAT......PERIOD. So you need to hit all body parts when strength training or you'll look out of proportion.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Canoeing, especially wilderness trekking over a season will condition the upper arms like nothing else in existence. There is nothing like paddling all day, for a whole weekend, every weekend.