calories burned

Options
Does anyone else find it hard to figure out how many calories they burn during a specific exercise?

For instance, today I did an hour of yoga (it was a beginner's dvd), according to one website I looked on, I only burned 133 calories for the hour. Now I know that yoga isn't cardio, but I'm telling you, my muscles were TIRED when I was done, and my legs are so sore right now I can hardly walk up the stairs!!!:laugh:

It just seems like I should have burned more calories, considering how sore my muscles are!

Replies

• Cherylann402
    Options
    Does anyone else find it hard to figure out how many calories they burn during a specific exercise?

For instance, today I did an hour of yoga (it was a beginner's dvd), according to one website I looked on, I only burned 133 calories for the hour. Now I know that yoga isn't cardio, but I'm telling you, my muscles were TIRED when I was done, and my legs are so sore right now I can hardly walk up the stairs!!!:laugh:

It just seems like I should have burned more calories, considering how sore my muscles are!
  • michlindsay23
    Options
    I tend to stick with machines that will tell me exactly how many I have burned. I was reading that with weight training and strength training it really depends on who you are on how many calories you burned. Also remember that it is better to underestimate your calories than overestimate. :smile: